Author Topic: Doyle Family  (Read 11918 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Doyle Family
« Reply #18 on: Monday 07 September 15 08:00 BST (UK) »
can you list when and where their children were born ?

The Doyles or the Cockburns?
Cockburns only had Alexander according to the 1911 census http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Kildare/Newbridge_Urban/Canning_Place/568384/

Offline Pamchetland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 07 September 15 11:47 BST (UK) »
I have attached a file for Alexander Cockburn and family, John Doyle and Frances Finnegan had John Doyle abt 1870 could be Hampshire although in the censuses they said he was born in Ireland Annie and Arthur already known and Ernest Joseph you have already listed Robert 1880 Francis Nora 1882 Charles Edwin 1884 and Harry not sure of date, they were all born in Stirlingshire
I also have Joseph Doyle who I am pretty sure is John Doyle's brother he was the witness on Annie Doyle's birth record and his daughter Agnes Doyle was living with a family in Kilsyth one of whose family had married a Doyle , I traced her back to Joseph Doyle and mother Jane Coutts
 I found Jane and children on the 1901 census in Edinburgh I could never find Joseph on any of the censuses until 1911 so I think he may also have been in the Army
Alexander Cockburn and family are on the 1911 Irish census in Co Cork just before Alexander retired from the Army
Obviously John Doyle on the 1861 census in Wales is not the John Doyle I thought he was I think he is the one on the 1861 & 1871 Army Index
By the way my uncle Stuart William Cockburn b 1894 in Bermuda was not on the 1911 census with the rest of the family I think he may have already joined the Army perhaps at the Curragh 3 Signals TPS Royal Engineers Reg No 19677 he was discharged as insane 4 Mar 1921 at Chattam as Acting Lance Corporal RL Corps of Signals Reg No 2306248 and I have never been able to find out what became of him apart that he spent the rest of his life in an Institution I don't even know when or where he died his brother Malcolm Charles Cockburn Royal Engineers 23025 was killed in action in France 4 Apr 1916
I do have William Cockburn's Service Record

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 07 September 15 22:54 BST (UK) »
are there 2 John Doyles having children with similar names?  this John is born in 1866?

First name(s)   JOHN
Last name   DOYLE
Year range   1866
Place   NOWSHERA
Country   INDIA
Regiment   90th Light Infantry
Record source   GRO Regimental Birth Indices (1761 to 1924)
Volume   1257
Page   18
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 07 September 15 22:55 BST (UK) »

First name(s)   JOHANNA F
Last name   DOYLE
Year range   1870
Place   ALDERSHOT
Country   ENGLAND
Volume   186
Page   45
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 07 September 15 22:57 BST (UK) »
twins ?

First name(s)   EDWARD J
Last name   DOYLE
Year range   1868
Place   SABATHU
Country   INDIA
Volume   1257
Page   23

First name(s)   ELLEN
Last name   DOYLE
Year range   1868
Place   SABATHU
Country   INDIA
Volume   1257
Page   23

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 07 September 15 22:59 BST (UK) »

First name(s)   MARGARET A
Last name   DOYLE
Year range   1864
Place   GWALIOR
Country   INDIA
Volume   1257
Page   18

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 07 September 15 23:02 BST (UK) »
same year as Arthur?

First name(s)   CATHARINE
Last name   DOYLE
Year range   1874
Place   -
Country   -
Volume   1257
Page   40

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 07 September 15 23:11 BST (UK) »
i think we need to find some original baptisms to check the parents of these children.

eg   Edward John Doyle b 16th August 1868   baptized 1st September in Subathoo,Bengal....parents John and Anna Doyle....John is a private in the 90th Light infantry.

Also baptized  same time and place,,same details,,,so definitely twins   Ellen Doyle b 1868.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 07 September 15 23:32 BST (UK) »
There is a John Doyle b 1839 Wexford   who joins the 80th regiment in 1859,,,then transfers to the 90th in 1866....he serves 6 years in India. He has the numbers  587 in the 80th and 1381 in the 90th regiment.
He was discharged in 1880,,,,intended residence Hamilton.

Maybe this John accounts for some of the births of children in India.

Just trying to discount people,,,it would be good to find YOUR John Doyles service record. :)