Author Topic: Church Honeybourne parish registers,----- Anderton  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Speedway ace

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Church Honeybourne parish registers,----- Anderton
« on: Monday 14 September 15 10:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks , can any kind soul do a look up for me?

BMD's for the name 'Anderton'

(Church) Honeybourne Pr's from about 1670 ish to 1750  I am aware the registers start later than 1670 but I believe there are bishops transcript's for earlier times.

From the will of his father I know that a Thomas Anderton b.1646 of Tadmarton Oxon. was living in Church Honeybourne by 1684. He was most likely a yeoman.

Regards, Nigel

Plankney, Copcott, Hampton, Crant, Johnson Baynham, Lyghtfote, Southwick, Legate and others in England & Calais (France)

Offline Eastbury

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Church Honeybourne parish registers,----- Anderton
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 September 15 15:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Nigel
Familysearch.org has the transcription of the Church Honeybourne baptisms for the period you are interested in 1670 to 1750 - except for 1670 to 1672, so you might want a BT's look up for those three years. Familysearch also has marriages from 1581 to 1852. There is one baptism on Familysearch which is for Ann Anderton, daughter of Thomas baptised on 6 Nov 1681 at Church Honeybourne and there are no Anderton marriages
A Thomas Anderton married Ann Baker from Weston-sub-Edge on 8 May 1679 at Bretforton, the latter is 2 miles from Church Honeybourne, so that seems to be your man. No Anderton baptisms at Bretforton 1679-1681 i.e. prior to the date that Ann Anderton daughter of Thomas was baptised at Church Honeybourne.
Jack

Offline Speedway ace

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 September 15 19:55 BST (UK) »
Jack, many thanks for your time and help. 
I am hoping to find out what happened to Thomas, a burial perhaps? did he stay in the area. Maybe there is a will in the Worcester R O.  Anyone do a BT look up?

Thanks again, regards Nigel
Plankney, Copcott, Hampton, Crant, Johnson Baynham, Lyghtfote, Southwick, Legate and others in England & Calais (France)

Offline Eastbury

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 20 September 15 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Nigel
The Diocese of Worcester wills index unfortunately does not include one for a Thomas in the time-frame you suggested.

The Church Honeybourne registers containing burials have survived, that's good news as the Bishop's Transcripts were submitted annually by all parishes and those records that have survived are grouped by the year onto films, so that your original BT's look-up request would probably have been too time-consuming as it covered from 1684 when you knew Thomas was at Church Honeybourne, up to 1750.

Jack

Offline Speedway ace

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 20 September 15 22:42 BST (UK) »
Jack...again many thanks for your time and input, It has been of much help.

I have access to the index for Worcs wills  up to 1650 ish but I have not found an index that is readily available on line for 1661 onwards, yet! Worcs R O is where I should be looking I suppose. 

I get the feeling that Thomas moved out of the county. I shall have to cast my net a little wider.

Kind regards, Nigel. 

Offline Eastbury

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 September 15 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Nigel
The Worcestershire Archive index of wills is the index of wills proven in the Dioceses of Worcester, the diocese covered an area larger than the county.
Jack