Author Topic: Charles Tivey & his Wife Armance, Son Henri - Looking for Info & Help please  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Hiyall

After finally tracking down one of my brick walls :)
I have found that Charles Tivey born 1840 Wormley, Hertfordshire, England, (a gardener by trade) was in Jersey by the 1871 census (I have him in Herts previous to that)  Im looking for a marriage for he and his wife Armance ??? - can anyone tell me where I can buy certificates, if they married Jersey? Or if anyone lives near the Jersey Archive, could someone do a look up please or get a copy for me please?
I have managed to track down his death 1897 Neauphle-le-Château, but if anyone could find out anything more about Charles and his wife and offspring I would be most thnakful.

Cheers
Jan Ann
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Tivey & his Wife Armance, Son Henri - Looking for Info & Help please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 September 15 13:31 BST (UK) »
Don't buy proper Jersey certificates unless you really want one for your records, they cost £20 each.
Give me a few days and I'll try and track down the marriage. If I find it I can either transcribe the details and send them to you or with the reference you can order a photocopy from the Archive for £5.

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Kingston Goater 1853-1920
    • View Profile
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Tivey & his Wife Armance, Son Henri - Looking for Info & Help please
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 September 15 14:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks  la grande-méthe  - I think I'll probably order a copy from the archive if you could provide a reference, thank you very much for the offer.

Miriamkinga - thanks for the link - most appreciated :)

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Kingston Goater 1853-1920
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 September 15 14:02 BST (UK) »
Pleasure  ;D
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 September 15 21:59 BST (UK) »
Hello

I haven't managed to find a marriage yet but I can tell you that his wife was Armance Chavignat and that all 3 of the above were their children. Charles' occupation is given as Gardener on all of their birth registrations.

Henri born 21/12/1869 St Saviour
Henriette born 24/4/1873 St Saviour
Charles born 16/11/1874 St Saviour

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 17 September 15 22:21 BST (UK) »
Thank You Hunny  :D
Most appreciated, great info :)
 -  After translating his death certificate (a kind french speaking soul did this for me) His wife is listed as Armance on the census but Charles Death states she was Josephine Armance, not that it will make any difference to the marriage search. As she was from France, perhaps they married in her home town.
Thanks once again - xx

TIVEY, WILDE,