Author Topic: 1851/1861 Census Gallager/Phillips  (Read 5375 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1851/1861 Census Gallager/Phillips
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Daisynook,
1861 has two John and Ann Phillips

One John is born Manchester; the other is born Bristol, Somerset.
Rosie gives the reference in post # 11

It still looks complicated but jersey51 - welcome  ;) will help us.

Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline daisynook

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 16 May 19 13:32 BST (UK) »
I wonder if Jersey51 is still around?  I'm still trying to follow up on John Phillips Fuller or Fuller Phillips married to Ann McGill.
My great-grandmother was Jemima Phillips, daughter of the above.  I wonder if you have any evidence of the name Fuller - believed to be John's mothers name?
McMullen, Gleave, Kelly, Scholes, Mather, Phillips, Lock

Offline daisynook

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 29 February 20 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Its a shame, it looks like Jersey51 isn't around any longer shame as I wanted to know more about his branch of the family William Thomas Phillips.  Since all that research back to 2016 I have found a lot more on this family.  The John last referred to was born in Manchester.  I have discovered that the parents of John Fuller Phillips were both widow and widower and this was why I couldn't pin down John Fuller's mother who was calling herself Walton which must have been her previous marriage and she was born in Monmouthshire, Wales and I've no idea who William's first wife was.  Some of John Fuller Phillips brothers and sisters were born in Wales but not sure which ones although I know Jemima b.1839 was born in Manchester.  I've been trying to pin down a marriage for her and can see two possibles in 1861.
Anyone find anything more enlightening?
McMullen, Gleave, Kelly, Scholes, Mather, Phillips, Lock