Author Topic: Northcott family of **St Giles-in-the Heath, Devon**  (Read 5241 times)

Offline TonyN1958

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Northcott family of **St Giles-in-the Heath, Devon**
« Reply #18 on: Friday 02 December 16 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Murray I've just seen your roots chat post , I think our families at connected , my great great grandfather was John northcott born in st Giles in the Heath ( not sure of year ) but married grace coram in 1816 , they had a son William b 1829 who married grace crabb , they were shown in the 1881 census as living at druxton village . Children were Fred ( my grandfather )age 4 and William age 1 , interestingly Fred went on to marry Harriet hocking , another name in your search , I have other information and will post as soon as I find it , I hope this helps

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Re: Northcott family of **St Giles-in-the Heath, Devon**
« Reply #19 on: Friday 02 December 16 02:02 GMT (UK) »
This thread having just been bumped, my attention was caught by "Martha Northcott born abt 1801 at Virginstow". I have NORTHCOTT in Virginstow as well (although no Marthas in my direct line families that I know of.)

My line are descended from Richard NORTHCOTT (c1790-1865) and Jane SLEEMAN (c1792-1879) who married in Broadwoodwidger in 1812 and had children thereafter in Broadwoodwidger, Virginstow and Ashwater. I believe Richard's father was John (also NORCOTT) who was native of Virginstow but I need to do a lot more proving on the family.

It would be interesting if there is a connection.