Author Topic: Altmore, Clonavaddy, Somerville, help - please  (Read 3298 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Altmore, Clonavaddy, Somerville, help - please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 September 15 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hope the weather is better there for your sightseeing today- fog over most of Northern Ireland slowly clearing  :-\
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Genealogygirl148

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 January 22 05:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello Rupie,
I've just come back to this forum after a years long abscence and see your search related to the Somervilles from Altmore.

I have some info on Samuel Somerville b. approx. 1868. He married Eliza Jane Hazelton b. 30 May 1874 [birth registered at Dungannon, but likely at Altmore]. She was a cousin to my grandfather, Charlie McIver from Gortnagola, Galbally, Donaghmore.

Ultimately, Samuel immigrated to Hartly, Iowa, USA and Eliza with parents and siblings immigrated to the same place. Their first child James was born in Harltey, and then the family moved to North Dakota. I have info on Eliza and her parents, and her children with Samuel. I don't relly have much past the 1940 US Census.

Please let me know if you are interested as it's too much to paste into here. We'll have to email, etc.
Cheers,
Sheila

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 'Where Ben Bulben sets the scene'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 January 22 07:20 GMT (UK) »

I have some info on Samuel Somerville b. approx. 1868. He married Eliza Jane Hazelton b. 30 May 1874 [birth registered at Dungannon, but likely at Altmore]. She was a cousin to my grandfather, Charlie McIver from Gortnagola, Galbally, Donaghmore.

She was actually born at Derryalskey (sic) townland in Donaghmore civil parish.
Her parents James Hazelton (a farmer) and Margaret Jane Hamilton.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1874/03153/2156477.pdf
https://www.townlands.ie/tyrone/dungannon-middle/donaghmore/castlecaulfield/derryalskea/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter Co. Derry; Jackson Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott Co. Derry; Neilly Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy Co. Antrim; Nixon Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble Co. Sligo

Offline Genealogygirl148

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 14 January 22 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi KG,

Ah, thanks! I'll have to add that part to my records. It's a while since I've worked on that side of the family.

Sheila