Author Topic: Mark Adams b.!816 and son John Adams b.1850 in Hereford  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Lookedin2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Adams b.!816 and son John Adams b.1850 in Hereford
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 November 19 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi could I ask what happened to James twin Charles did he die as he is not listed in 1851 Census and in the copy I looked at has Marks wife as William I take it that's should be Elizabeth. Do you have any info on John William Adam Bell married to Janet Cameron as I can't find anything about it, but there is a marriage between them in Glasgow. I would be grateful if you or anyone could help as  I am just starting to make a little headway into this family. Thanks

Offline AlmaB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 November 19 16:47 GMT (UK) »
I haven't traced a death for Charles the twin of James but did find a death for a Charles Adams who was abou 7 or 8 years old. but so far I haven't the proof that this was him. Regarding Mark Adams if you look at one of my previous posts ( September 2015) I was helped to find that in 1841 Mark Adams was living at he same address as Elizabeth Higgins and her daughter Martha. They're on the next page to Mark. I haven't found any more on John Adams apart from the same as you, but I do have a copy of his marriage cert. to Janet Cameron , this was kindly sent to me from another person on RootsChat.

Offline Lookedin2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 November 19 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi my mother was the youngest daughter of John William Adam Bell his wife was Janet Cameron born in Ayrshire Scotland. When I started looking into family history I had asked where James Adam
Bell had been born and she told me that he was born in Leith Edinburgh and moved down to England
For work which at the time seemed reasonable, unfortunately I cannot confirm that info as my mother has passed. He could have been born in Edinburgh and moved to Glasgow. Hope this helps some.