Author Topic: Buncrana - McClure/Baldrick  (Read 6155 times)

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Buncrana - McClure/Baldrick
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Sally and Empem,
happy to chat about McClures in Victoria or Donegal.

cheers
Jack Gee
GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,GRAHAM,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,BRITTON,HARVEY,ALLEN

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Heather Ann dempster

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 04 August 17 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi my father in law is george McClure dempster his mother was Elizabeth McClure baldrick from buncrana in Ireland

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Smccr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 04 August 17 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Heather
Thank you for your reply.
I visited Buncrana earlier this year and met relatives I have just found.
I need to get the family tree in front of me to check generations but I think your Elizabeth was my grandfather's first cousin.  It gets quite confusing as the same first names were used by all  branches of the family and passed down.
I have photos of the old farm house where my great grandfather David McClure lived before immigrating to Australia.
Are you still in Ireland? Does your family have any old photos? I have copies of some (including your husband's grandmother - I think) but none of my great grandfather.
Cheers
Sally

Offline LilyE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 05 August 17 12:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather and SMCCR.  I am a cousin of George McClure Baldrick. David McClure was actually from High Carren, Ballynashannagh on the Fanad Peninsula. There were 5 siblings.  His father was William and his mother was Sarah McIlwaine. He was a brother of Elizabeth, my great grandmother. I don't know if he ever lived in Buncrana unless he stayed with Elizabeth for a while.  He had another sister Mary Ann who married a William Porter from Buncrana too. David's brother William also had a son called David and I think this David was wittness at my grandparents wedding. David had another sister Sarah who went to Australia and married a Robert Learmonth. She died in Boolte, Victoria. There were 10 children in that Learmonth family that I have recorded. His sister Isabella also went to Australia and married a George Robson.  I have not found out anything on this family.  I have 8 children recorded for David, 7 children for William, 6 for Elizabeth, and 9 for Mary Anne.

Offline lstattfoy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 25 June 18 18:37 BST (UK) »
Hi - I am the great-granddaughter of Sarah Anne Baldrick (the 'missing' child that emigrated to Calgary, Canada).   I still reside in Calgary.   My mother is the daughter of Sarah's daughter Ethel Letitia Askew (born Calgary). 

6)   Sarah Anne Baldrick (18 Dec.1885 Buncrana-15 Mar.1972 Calgary) to Canada 1907, married 1909, 5 children