Author Topic: Looking for a death in New York - Ida V Tunney  (Read 2167 times)

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a death in New York - Ida V Tunney
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 14:24 BST (UK) »
Excellent!  I'm glad to have steered you in the right direction.

Offline Peter Swift

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 08:06 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am the great grandson 0of Ida and Thomas Tunney. The information here is very helpful. My grandmother was Margaret Coughlin. Was she the daughter of Ida and Thomas? I suppose so. I have lots of pictures of their house in Port Washington and pics of some people I can't identify. If you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated: Peter Swift *. Thanks.

*Moderator comment: personal email address removed in accordance with RootsChat general guidance and practice to prevent others spamming or abusing it.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.   New members may need to make two or three posts before accessing this system.  Thanks

Offline Luzzu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 April 19 12:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

I am not related to Thomas J Tunney. I was researching for my sister's in laws. Her husband is descended from Thomas J Tunney's brother, Edward Martin Tunney, who was also a policeman but he stayed in Ireland. My sister's father-in-law was telling me about the Howard Blum book, Dark Invasion, which of course is about Tom Tunney's role in discovering a terrorist plot when he was serving with the NYPD and that resulted in the research I did for him.

I don't have any information relating to the children of Thomas J Tunney and Ida V Shreeve.

I haven't done any genealogical research for a while now as I have been very ill but now I am recovering I am starting to slowly pick it up again.

I would be happy to compare notes. When you have made 3 posts on Rootschat you will be able to send a private message. It is a rule on Rootschat that we are not allowed to post email addresses and that is why your post has amended by the moderator.

Luzzu
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Armitage, Slaithwaite; Buck, Staffs & Hampshire; Buckley, Bolton & Manchester; Temple, London & Hampshire; Crummett, Norfolk & Burnley; Osborne, Cornwall & Burnley; Haigh, Manchester & Todmorden; Gralton/Grant, Manchester & Ireland; France, Manchester & Slaithwaite; Shackleton, Burnley & Yorkshire; Dicks, Nottingham & Wiltshire; Sowter, Derbyshire

Offline Peter Swift

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 06 April 19 20:14 BST (UK) »
Luzzu
Thanks for the reply. I hope your recovery is quick! I didn't know he had a brother, this is interesting. I spoke with Howard Blum actually when Bradley Cooper was going to do a movie about Dark Invasion. It fell through though. I'd be interested in any photo's of Thomas or Ida. I have some from the 1940's with him at my parents wedding and others at the Davis Road house if anyone would like them. My 2nd communication here, so I guess one more will allow emails :) Peter

Offline Luzzu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 18 April 19 11:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter

Yes it was the publicity about Bradley Cooper possibly playing Tom Tunney in a film which prompted the discussion with my sister's father-in-law.

Tom Tunney had the following brothers and sisters:- Elizabeth (1858-?), Patrick (1864-?), Michael (1869-1940), Edward Martin (1870-1950) and Mary Ann (1876-?). So he was the second youngest. I think Michael travelled to the United States with Tom. He died in New York in 1940 and is buried in Calvary Cemetery. Their parents were Thomas Tunney and Bridget Mullee.

The only pictures I have seen of Tom are from the book and the surround publicity. I don't have any pictures of Ida.

Luzzu :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Armitage, Slaithwaite; Buck, Staffs & Hampshire; Buckley, Bolton & Manchester; Temple, London & Hampshire; Crummett, Norfolk & Burnley; Osborne, Cornwall & Burnley; Haigh, Manchester & Todmorden; Gralton/Grant, Manchester & Ireland; France, Manchester & Slaithwaite; Shackleton, Burnley & Yorkshire; Dicks, Nottingham & Wiltshire; Sowter, Derbyshire