Author Topic: augustus clare COOPER[ b1856 NSW]-m-Mary MCDONOUGH[ b1858 ] in 1878 NSW  (Read 5950 times)

Offline medusa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: augustus clare COOPER[ b1856 NSW]-m-Mary MCDONOUGH[ b1858 ] in 1878 NSW
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 18 October 15 03:37 BST (UK) »
To Sue and Cando,Gee you people are sensitive...I just gave a simple reply "that I had the info in my files" and the aboriginal suggestion came from jm who mentioned aFamily Search site?? ;D ...MEDUSA

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 18 October 15 03:50 BST (UK) »
Medusa,

Please do NOT attribute the Aboriginal suggestion TO ME.    I did not originate that suggestion.

Instead, please, go back to the beginning of this thread, and carefully read each post, including your own, and at each post, where there's a live link, click on that link and consider the offerings at each link.   

I am wondering why you would be content to rely on index info or on submitted info when clearly there's actually NSW Official records available.    These threads are easily found at google searchings, you do NOT need to be logged in.   My own relative who asked me to type up the info re James A SMALL has commented on the phone to me this morning "Sue and Cando as usual are both spot on in their posts."    Medusa,  I have NOT yet knowingly met any RChatter, so I cannot offer comment as to IF Sue or Cando are 'sensitive' however I am happy to advise you and anyone else reading this thread NOW or at some time in the future, that both Sue and Cando are obviously well skilled and have a deep understanding of how to research family history, particularly in Australia.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 18 October 15 03:53 BST (UK) »
To Sue and Cando,Gee you people are sensitive...I just gave a simple reply "that I had the info in my files" and the aboriginal suggestion came from jm who mentioned aFamily Search site?? ;D ...MEDUSA

No, it was not JM who first made mention.

Well, I'm not sure sensitive is the right word here.

I feel  some concern on my part regarding accuracy and perhaps attention to detail in your reading and collating of information.

And the lack of meaningful response to information offered is a bit baffling.
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 18 October 15 07:29 BST (UK) »
Now there's over 800 reads of this thread..... WoW,  hopefully our OP will be able to provide some details from some of the NSW BDM certificates that have been referenced throughout this thread.  I see no purpose in seeking out the info in the indexes without at least getting to the documents the indexes are pointing to.

To me, family history is about aiming for facts, rather than factoids so I like to seek out original documents.   I am fortunate, for my earliest NSW ancestor arrived in the late 1700s and my newest 'overseas' NSW ancestor arrived in the mid 1800s, so I have generations and generations and generations of NSW ancestors and I have been a family history buff for decades.  So I have seen many different documents and read many a tall tale and true ones too.   But, Medusa, for your wife's tree, up around the far north coast of NSW .... there's plenty of official records that you should be able to hunt out to give you accurate, reliable information. 

Afterall, you are asking about
I am trying to find some background ie Father/Mother if possible...They had a daughter Mary May Cooper b1880 NSW who married a Isaac SMALL in about 1896 in NSW...MEDUSA

Cheers,  JM     

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.