Author Topic: Photo repair Walsh family  (Read 2873 times)

Offline lindash51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Photo repair Walsh family
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 October 15 15:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you Treetotal. It amazes me how you manage to make the photo look so good and like it did originally. Much appreciated
Linda
Walsh, Ramwell, Roscoe, Whitworth, Hindley, Court, Lobb, Heywood, Bolton, Raby, McMail, Bullough, Fairclough

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 October 15 16:46 BST (UK) »
A pleasure to work on such a pair of cuties...the little girl has a plaster on her knee  ;) Linda.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 24 October 15 21:26 BST (UK) »
Another for your collection

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 October 15 23:55 BST (UK) »
I Just had to have a go at a colour version. The little boy looks just like my eldest boy did, he is now nearly 6 feet and has a beard!!! The little outfits were made by a company called Ladybird and my son had one in blue just like this one.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline lindash51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 October 15 01:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you Stevew101 and Trishanne for the work you have done on the photo. I can clearly see the plaster mentioned by Treetotal which I couldn't see on the original. Thanks Treetotal and I shall be interested to see if Anne remembers having a sore knee when I se her later this week.
Trishanne you are probably right about the clothes being Ladybird which was a well known make in this part of the country (Bolton Lancashire) and sold by Woolworths if my memory is correct. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you have got the colours right. Anyway thank you very much to you all. It really is good of you giving your time and sharing your skills in this way. Kind regards
Linda
Walsh, Ramwell, Roscoe, Whitworth, Hindley, Court, Lobb, Heywood, Bolton, Raby, McMail, Bullough, Fairclough