Author Topic: Marriage Look-up - Alberton West, Victoria  (Read 2018 times)

Offline ziggie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Look-up - Alberton West, Victoria
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your suggestions, some of the info I already had.  Dorothy married Ronald Bertram Nelson between 1954 and 1963 (they are both on the electoral roll for 1963) but haven't found them for 1958.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Peter Gordon Taylor (b. 1928 Vancouver) emigrated to Australia, possibly Melbourne, from Scotland between 1947-1950 and married Dorothy May Soderholm in 1951 +/- 1 year.  These are the only details I have which have been taken from Peter's death certificate.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

ziggie

Thank you for your suggestions, some of the info I already had.  Dorothy married Ronald Bertram Nelson between 1954 and 1963 (they are both on the electoral roll for 1963) but haven't found them for 1958.

Hi ziggie,
I do hope you will not mind me remarking here that you have at first said you have only the details from the death certificate and lastly, after information has been searched out for you, you say you already had some of it.

I have found it always pays to link previous posts on a subject where information has been offered and to fully state what information you have on the subject.

That way people are not spending time unnecessarily. ;D

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 October 15 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Dorothy married Ronald Bertram Nelson between 1954 and 1963 (they are both on the electoral roll for 1963) but haven't found them for 1958.

They were not enrolled to vote by 13 May 1958, the date of the Victorian State Election. Dorothy May was last enrolled in 1949.

You are repeating information that has already been posted on the thread.

Was any of the information posted useful to you eg information about Dorothy's parents and how to purchase a marriage certificate in Victoria.

In future please give ALL the information you have to hand.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 29 October 15 11:06 GMT (UK) »
married Dorothy May Soderholm in 1951 +/- 1 year.

Dorothy married Ronald Bertram Nelson between 1954 and 1963

Which are we to take as the correct information?

Cando

Offline ziggie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 29 October 15 15:13 GMT (UK) »
My apologies to everyone.  I am looking for the marriage of Peter Gordon Taylor and Dorothy May Soderholm in the time span quoted.  Peter died in NZ in 1953 so I had gone on from there to Dorothy's second marriage.  Once again my sincerest apologies.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 30 October 15 02:55 GMT (UK) »
My apologies to everyone.  I am looking for the marriage of Peter Gordon Taylor and Dorothy May Soderholm in the time span quoted.  Peter died in NZ in 1953 so I had gone on from there to Dorothy's second marriage.  Once again my sincerest apologies.

The information you require was posted in reply#1

The marriage indexes in Victoria only extend to 1945. You can apply for a Victorian certificate if the marriage occurred more than 60 years [ie to 1954] but only if both parties are deceased.
https://assets.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/resources/b99c8e3c-00ea-42ca-9cab-e6e030a7ffe9/marriage_certificate_application_2015_web.pdf

Cando

Offline TracyFromAus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 28 February 16 07:09 GMT (UK) »
Dorothy May Soderholm is my dads sister :) If I remember rightly I was told she married Peter Taylor in 1952.
Dorothy lost both her dad and husband the same year.
I have a little more info if still needed>
Cheers Tracy
ADAMSON, AINSLIE, ALEXANDER, ALLEN, BEATON, COCKBURN, DICK, FERGUSON, GILLESPIE, PATERSON, RODGER, SMITH, THOMSON, WALKER, SHEPHERDSON, LISTER, MILNER, WARD, DRING, WHARTON, COULTAS, BANKS, RINGROSE, STONEHOUSE, GROWTRORP, TOD OR TODD, GRIMSHAW, RANER, ODDY, RIVIS, SMITH, ANDERSON, MOODY, WILSON, FLETCHER, MILKINS, PARISH, EMERY, WALSH, HARES, BURNARD, HODDER, WESTLAKE, COX, CULLIFORD, GAYLARD, BROADFORD, SNELL, MARKS  FINLAND SODERHOLM