Author Topic: Roberts of Wrexham 1900's  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Roberts of Wrexham 1900's
« on: Tuesday 27 October 15 11:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm trying to trace someone who moved to then got married in Wrexham in 1921, but I'm having difficulty tracing their life after that and finding out what happened to their children. I have no clue with Wrexham records or resources, I can't even find their death cert for sure, and don't even know where they are likely to be buried etc. I'd really like to be able to fill in as many blanks with any information I can. Any help would be gratefully received. They lived on Stansty Road

Thanks

Sarah
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts of Wrexham 1900's
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 21:49 GMT (UK) »
A good start for us in searching to help you would be to give the name of the person who married in 1921

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Some suggestions from the limited info given

You don't say whether the person is male or female and there are around 50 Roberts marriages in 1921 on freebmd.   Use freebmd to find the marriage and establish the spouse name  www.freebmd.org.uk

Use freebmd to search for births in the male surname with the female maiden name. 

If either died during or after 1969 their full date of birth should be shown on the entry

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 23:24 GMT (UK) »
I've managed to find the Roberts family of Sarah's in the 1911 Census from the address of Stansty Road.I think though I'm going to be messaging Sarah a lot in the coming days by PM as she has got a lot of my families also!

Regards
William Russell Jones.

Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts of Wrexham 1900's *complete*
« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 November 15 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for the interest. I had a bit of a break through after posting at long last! Managed to find the burial record on Wrexham County Council website for the Wrexham Cemetery and I spent the day in Ruthin Gaol searching Rhosddu marriage records (i'd previously searched for baptisms and assumed wrongly that since they werent there then the marriages wouldnt be either) which has provided me with further information.

Thanks again, much appreciated

Sarah :D
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery