Author Topic: Too old for knocking brick walls down so am trying to get round, under or over .  (Read 7112 times)

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Too old for knocking brick walls down so am trying to get round, under or over .
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Could also be an "E", methinks.

Sorry John, I took a screen capture and tried to insert it into this post but no success.

Cheers,
Westoe

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Too old for knocking brick walls down so am trying to get round, under or over .
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 17:44 GMT (UK) »
With all these changes as to what MSH's initials actually were - has this marriage been ruled out?

Jan/Feb/Mar 1914
Tynemouth
Ref 10b 386
James Wilson / on same page Mary E S Blackburn

and could she actually be:
Birth
Jul/Aug/Sep 1887
Newcastle on tyne
Ref 10b 117
Mary Elizabeth H Blackburn.

Thus each record (marriage and ship) mistranscribing a different one of the initials!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 17:47 GMT (UK) »
I just had a look, and I'd say its definitely an 'E'.

Unfortunately, you can't use the 'attachments' option on Look Up boards.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello lizdb,

I've just taken another look at the original. The third initial is definitely an "H" and the first initial is definitely an "M". It's just the middle initial that is confusing.

Cheers,
Westoe

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 17:53 GMT (UK) »
So, the Blackburn lady looks a strong possibility, as she was MEH.
IF the marriage is wrongly transcribed......
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 17:53 GMT (UK) »
I've just taken another look at the original. The third initial is definitely an "H" and the first initial is definitely an "M". It's just the middle initial that is confusing.

Take a look at the word 'English' a few lines above - it's virtually the same. I've no doubt the middle letter is 'E'.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 17:54 GMT (UK) »
So, the Blackburn lady looks a strong possibility, as she was MEH.
IF the marriage is wrongly transcribed......

Sadly, that marriage isn't yet showing on the North Tyneside Registrar's site, which would have been useful for confirmation of the initials  :( 

It would also have given a code number which would have helped identify the place of the marriage - the name of the church (if indeed it was a church wedding) would have facilitated a look up.

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Sorry All

Have been getting supper ready, yes I see the likeness on the 'E', and on age they are both born in same year, so maybe if I contact North Shields Local Studies ( or Trini ) tomorrow, can maybe get a certain on that, having got  that far ( we Hope ) will try FS for possible children.

Thanks again All, will come back as soon as I get any more info, of interest what would be the date of the first Electoral rolls ( presume after 1919 ) ?

Best

John
Goodsir.  Ellington. Tillman.  Wilson. AngAs. Capstaff (Northumberland & Durham)
Macaire. Eusebe. Boitel. Beaulieu. Gordon. Tillman. Fear. Wood.
 ( London/ Middlesex & Devon )

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 18:30 GMT (UK) »
For a lighter note in the knocking down of brick walls. Early last year I did this quite literally, I tripped and fell onto a brick wall, and demolished it with my head!!! Which confirms what a lot of people think. Luckily it was being built at the time, and the mortar had not set; had the incident happened a day later I think even my hard nut would have sustained damage. I have been trying to confirm the identity of my 2Xgreat grandfather's parents and his place of birth since 1996. Though this is extremely frustrating, it is preferred to knocking walls down the other way.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)