Author Topic: Beatrice Elizabeth Park and Elizabeth Shiel.  (Read 10079 times)

Offline julie7239

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beatrice Elizabeth Park and Elizabeth Shiel.
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 01 November 15 17:35 GMT (UK) »
I didn't manage to find that tree on Ancestry.  I will try again later.

http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/25308367/person/1716281207

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 November 15 17:40 GMT (UK) »

Do you have access to Ancestry trees??  If not I will explain in more detial

Offline julie7239

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 01 November 15 17:48 GMT (UK) »

Do you have access to Ancestry trees??  If not I will explain in more detial

I was using Ancestry in our local library and couldn't find where to use that url to search for the tree.  When I was logged on to Ancestry at the library I tried entering the url into both the address bar and google, but it didn't take me back to where I was logged on.

I didn't have enough time and also find Ancestry a difficult site to find my way around, even first steps like making sure to specify England so it doesn't drown you in American information.

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 01 November 15 18:07 GMT (UK) »
OK  - Based on the Anc tree I posted a linkto and checking the census etc on Ancestry  Beatrice’s mother was a Rebecca Hartley Wool born about 1854 in Lewisham, Kent.    The Anc tree lists both Beatrice Elizabeth and brother Herbert William as the children of Rebecca Hartley Wool and a Mr Wilson who she did not marry

In 1881 I think that Rebecca Hartley Wool listed as single was living with her sister and brother in law in Islington   with both Beatrice and her  brother Herbert living separately under the surname Wilson.   I think Beatrice Eliz Wilson is listed in 1881 as age 4 born Pimilco, Middlesex and a visitor in Mile End Old Town with a William Luckie and family.

Beatrice I think was registered as Beatrice Elizabeth W Wilson in Chelsea Reg District Mar Qtr 1877  Vol 1c Page 54     - Possibly the middle initial was for Wool

In 1884 a Rebecca Hartley Wool married a  Samuel Alexander Park in Islington  and by 1891 Rebecca/Clara is listed as a widow – so Samuel Alexander Park died - or left the family

I think Samuel was Beatrice Elizabeth's stepfather not her father

Offline julie7239

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 01 November 15 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks that is interesting and agrees with what I read that Beatrice was illegitimate.

As you said I need to get a copy of the marriage certificate of Harry Rolls and Beatrice Elizabeth Park, to see if Samuel was physically present at the wedding to sign the certificate, or sign his name somewhere.  He would have been legally her father if he had married her mother and given Beatrice his name.

I did find that Rebecca married Harry Thompson in the ecclesiastical parish or St Paul Balls Pond Canonbury, and looked up where it is, Islington.  https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Islington_St_Paul,_Balls_Pond,_Middlesex_Genealogy

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 01 November 15 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Yes - The marriage cert would be good.  Samuel wouldn't have to be present at the time of the marriage to be listed as her father

The only Samuel Alexander Park that I can see was born 1851 in Greenwich. Kent and also appears to have been at sea as there is an Samuel Alexander Park age 32 born Woolwich, Kent who was awarded his Master's Certificate on 18 Jun 1883 at Plymouth but it is possible this is the wrong person and the only way to be sure would be the 1884 marriage cert to Rebecca Hartley Wool - Wonderful name!

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 01 November 15 19:11 GMT (UK) »
I did find that Rebecca married Harry Thompson in the ecclesiastical parish or St Paul Balls Pond Canonbury, and looked up where it is, Islington.  https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Islington_St_Paul,_Balls_Pond,_Middlesex_Genealogy

Did you find the actual marriage?  Does it list her father??

Offline julie7239

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 01 November 15 19:32 GMT (UK) »
No, I found that information on Ancestry and need to go back and spend a lot more time looking on Ancestry to find out about the actual marriage and if it names Rebecca's father.

With a name like Hartley Wool, I am thinking her family background could be complicated too.

I will try to search for a lot more information about her, her parents, where she was born, when and where she died and who was living with her.

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 02 November 15 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Rebecca looks easier hopefully ;) The sister she was living with in 1881 was Elizabeth born 1851 in Norfolk

Come back if you are stuck

Kay