Author Topic: Storing documents and photos in a damp environment?  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Storing documents and photos in a damp environment?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 01 November 15 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joe:

Thank you very much for recommending the site and for mentioning your preferences.

I've spent years and years researching, and I've not been very good about keeping my research in their "family groups".  I'm determined to sort through all of the paperwork and only keep the originals and one copy of documents, rather than extra copies that I've made.  Once I'm done with the sorting, I do plan on scanning the "important" documents and send scanned copies to a couple of family members.  It's always bothered me that I have the only documents.   :-\  While it is wonderful to have original photos and certificates, having scanned copies in a different location makes sense.

Thank you for your interest and help, Joe.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)