Author Topic: Cant find burial sites for William and Sarah Lamb in Hastings  (Read 859 times)

Offline benn34

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cant find burial sites for William and Sarah Lamb in Hastings
« on: Sunday 01 November 15 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi guys,

I have death records for my 3rd great grandparents William and Sarah Lamb. William was born 1817 died 1892 and Sarah was born 1821 and died 1911 in Hastings. I'm pretty sure that they are buried at All Saints as that was where they last resided before they died but I cant find any information for both of them to locate their graves. Can anyone help pls?

Any information would be appreciated.

Ann

Offline L

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cant find burial sites for William and Sarah Lamb in Hastings
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 November 15 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I have had a quick look for you and discovered a William Lamb aged 75, buried 07.01.1892, and a Sarah Lamb aged 88, buried 17.06.1911, both in Hastings Cemetery, The Ridge, Hastings.

Hope this is of some help. If you contact the cemetery they may be able to help further.
Regards,
Lesley
Catt,Ades,Hook,Ashdown,Cobby,Harvey
Census information is Crown Copyright:www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline benn34

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 November 15 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I have had a quick look for you and discovered a William Lamb aged 75, buried 07.01.1892, and a Sarah Lamb aged 88, buried 17.06.1911, both in Hastings Cemetery, The Ridge, Hastings.

Hope this is of some help. If you contact the cemetery they may be able to help further.
Regards,
Lesley

Oh Lesley 😀 thank you so so much. This means alot to me. You are an absolute star.

I did contact All Saints Church to see if they were buried there but the Reverend told me that a safe was stolen a few years back and it contained parish records. The safe was found opened in a stream and all records ruinedm i thought that was the end.

I will contact the cemetary and see if they can help  me.

Again, thank you so much 😀

Ann

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 November 15 16:30 GMT (UK) »
The Hastings and St Leonard's Observer, 24 Jun 1911, has a report of the death of a Sarah Lamb, 13 Jun, age 88. She was the widow of Henry Lamb, licensee of the Warrior Gate Hotel. Henry had predeceased her by 48 years.

Offline benn34

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 November 15 16:59 GMT (UK) »
The Hastings and St Leonard's Observer, 24 Jun 1911, has a report of the death of a Sarah Lamb, 13 Jun, age 88. She was the widow of Henry Lamb, licensee of the Warrior Gate Hotel. Henry had predeceased her by 48 years.

Hi, I'm so glad you have mentioned this as it now seems I have the wrong death date for Sarah as she was married to William Lamb. I have the death certificate for William but not for Sarah and I only found a death for her in 1911. Can I ask what site you got the details from for The Hastings and St Leonards Observer please? I have alot of Lamb family that died in Hastings and it would come in very handy.

Thank you  ;)

Ann