Author Topic: Help reading/translating this welsh pedigree in the Welsh Language  (Read 5217 times)

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help reading/translating this welsh pedigree in the Welsh Language
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 18 November 15 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Roger,

Thank you for this information and I will reply to this properly in the next few days once I have access to my notes at home, however I seem to remember that this David Lloyd is the uncle of the David Lloyd who inherited Hendwr so all part of the same family.

Regarding David Lloyd, I had wondered if he was maybe a nephew(-in law) of John Jones, perhaps if his wife was a Gwen Lloyd - though can't prove this...perhaps a marriage for John Jones and Gwen would prove this.

I have looked through the will of William David alias Jones, and though his wife is an 'Alles'(?), is this definitely the same man as John Jones' son-in-law?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help reading/translating this welsh pedigree in the Welsh Language
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 18 November 15 20:57 GMT (UK) »
No,I wouldn't say that by any means,it seemed a reasonable possibility.I'll take a day or two to review things and see if I can come up with better data or a different angle.

Regards
Roger

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.