Author Topic: Petition - Save "OLD" Ancestry-com~"Classic"  (Read 1402 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Petition - Save "OLD" Ancestry-com~"Classic"
« on: Friday 06 November 15 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Petition -

Save "OLD" Ancestry-com~"Classic"

On November 5th, 2015. at 10:30 a.m. EST users of the Canadian version of ancestry at http://www.ancestry.ca/ were switched & migrated over to NEW Ancestry® with no option of "OLD Ancestry"

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/600/803/575/save-ancestrycom-classic/

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Petition - Save "OLD" Ancestry-com~"Classic"
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 November 15 17:00 GMT (UK) »
I have no problems with Ancestry, so I won't be signing!

And I don't think it's "New" - they have simply changed the formatting on the screens?!
All the information is still there.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 November 15 22:44 GMT (UK) »
I'm in NZ and mine changed permanently as well the day before yesterday. There are a few errors that I need to change though, ie some place names , like London Ontario instead London England, and a few other things, which are proving elusive to fix, but I'll get there. No choice really.

I would much rather have the old Site - the overview page was brilliant and concise, THE WHOLE THING WAS ACTUALLY, and simple for a new user or a guest to navigate.  I like to make my own stories, not read some machine's  interpretation of my family.  And I will be happy when Ancestry stop sending me hints from my own trees! LOL - But that's not new!

I wouldn't be signing any online petition, they are a wonderful source of info and email for scammers and frauds!

I don't like it at all, but like everything, things develop and change and we just gotta go with the flow!  I'm sure they will keep tweaking it for a while yet, and some things will change again just when we're getting used to them. Oh well, my Bank just changed their website as well, so hard to navigate now, but there you go, it's the way of the world!

The older we get, the harder these changes become, and as much as I don't like them - we can't stop progress - we just have to jog along for a while until we're running again with the rest of the 21st century!  Pity .  I liked the 20th! 😏
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 November 15 07:08 GMT (UK) »

Living in South Africa I use the .co.uk site and still have the option of "Old Ancestry"

I have browsed through the new one and it seems ok except for the "stories" that pop up I find it a bit annoying but I just delete them unless it is pertinent, I also get hints from my own trees, but that happens with other sites as well ;D

As jaybelnz says things change and we just have to go with the flow. My son keeps telling me that it's the 21st century and if things have to progress whether I like it or not when I complain about changes ::) ;D
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 November 15 10:17 GMT (UK) »

You could also try logging into ancestry USA site, that hasn't changed over yet either.  ;)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada