Author Topic: Fosterd family, Whittington Late 17th and early 18th century  (Read 688 times)

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Fosterd family, Whittington Late 17th and early 18th century
« on: Friday 06 November 15 14:10 GMT (UK) »
I am working on the family of John Fosterd b. abt. 1694 in Whittington, and who appears to have married a Mary xxxx sometime around the middle of the 1720's (Can't find a marriage online)

I have the following children: Elizabeth bapt. 2 Mar 1728; Mary bapt. 21 Aug 1732; Arabella bapt. 9 Sept 1737.

There appears to be a baptism of an un named child in Dec 1730.

I also have a burial for a James Fosterd, son of John dated 10 Nov 1737.

It seems John's wife Mary died in September 1737 and was buried on 15 Sept 1737.

John was buried 1 May 1770

My problem is that I can only research online, and can see no marriage for the couple John and Mary. Neither can I find other children between the dates above.

Does anyone have access to the PR's for Whittington, or the BT's.. Any help VERY gratefully received.
Mosley; Pugh; Thorpe; Webster; Hill; Ibberson; Nicholson; Moody; Maxfield; Newbold; Lee; Adams; Walker; Tesh; Barnes; Brittlebank; Cowlishaw; Smethurst; Alsibrook

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fosterd family, Whittington Late 17th and early 18th century
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 November 15 10:31 GMT (UK) »
The Whittington PR's exist from 1620..but have been damaged by fire. How much still remains and how damaged, is something that probably only the Derbyshire Records Office can tell you. They are very helpful, they won't do look-ups as such, but will be able to tell you the condiition of the PR's.
01629 538 347

Good luck

Derek.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fosterd family, Whittington Late 17th and early 18th century
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 November 15 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Derbyshire Records office offer a research service £10.50 for half-an-hour.

See: https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/leisure/record_office/services/research/default.asp
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)