Author Topic: Looking for any information Thomas Burke and Ann Wheelock  (Read 433 times)

Offline punch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for any information Thomas Burke and Ann Wheelock
« on: Monday 09 November 15 15:26 GMT (UK) »
I need your help once again. I am looking for any information on the children of Thomas Burke and Ann Wheelock. This is what I have found for Thomas Burke -
Thomas Burke was born in the County of Wexford, Ireland in 1780. In 1817 he emigrated to Canada and first located in Perth, Lanark County, where he remained seven years, subsequently coming to York and settling on 100 acres of land, which he had purchased, together with an additional 100 acres given him by his father, on lots 3 and 5, concession 3, which he cleared and continued to cultivate until his death in 1841. About the year 1800 he married Miss Ann Wheelock, of County Wexford, Ireland, by whom he had six children, four of whom were still living in 1885. John, the eldest son, was born in Wexford in 1811, and came to this country with his parents. In 1885 he owned 100 acres on lot 2, and 100 acres on lot 3, concession 2. Any help would be so appreciated.