Author Topic: Torboy & Lugmore  (Read 5963 times)

Offline Marea McCarthy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Torboy & Lugmore
« Reply #18 on: Monday 08 May 17 20:00 BST (UK) »
I just came across this post but if memory serves the hollow is in the middle of the fairy fort. I'm related do you mind me asking how you are related?

Offline Gallagher-Doohan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 08 May 17 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hello, Marea. 
     Not at all.  My sister-in-law is a great-granddaughter of the James and Ellen Lennon who appear in the 1901 census through their son James.  I've been compiling a family history for her family, children and grandchildren.  At the time I wrote this message, I was creating a book about their grandchildren's twelve U.S. immigrant ancestors, and wherever I could, I was adding the GPS locations of birth for each.  My sister-in-law and her sister had taken their mother back to Torboy for a visit with her remaining siblings so they knew the area, but they couldn't be sure of the specific location of the home.  I ended up using the GPS location of the fairy fort in the book.  I figured that even if place names were changed, they or their descendants would be able to find the place. 
    Which of the children of James and Ellen Lennon are you descended from?  They had about ten who survived to adulthood.  In case you are not aware of the RootsChat policy, once you've posted two more times, we can send private messages to each other.  It would give us a chance to communicate additional information that would violate privacy in a public setting. 
     Thanks for this first posting.  Welcome aboard. 

Offline Tomas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 26 July 18 22:46 BST (UK) »
Hi im one of the lennons from torboy, fell free to ask anything