Author Topic: Harriet selina Lloyd  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Harriet selina Lloyd
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 November 15 15:50 GMT (UK) »
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

LLOYD    Harriet        Oswestry    18   147     BIRTH  June q  1845
LLOYD    Harriet        Oswestry    6a   657     BIRTH  June q  1854

http://www.discovershropshirechurches.co.uk/north-west-shropshire/dudleston/

Was Harriet baptized an Anglican?
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Mont. Davies,Edwards,Hughes,Lewis,Maddox,Mapp,Pritchard
Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington
Wisbech Bell,Briggs,Willcock

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 November 15 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie and thanks again to all
I have just rechecked the info I have on the esther I have above born Welshpool and she is living on her own on the 1891 CNS.   Harriet is the only child of this Esther and Edward who appears not to have been bapt, but she is definitely with this family on the 1851/61, then theyve all left home and Esther is widowed by 1871.
Regards Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 November 15 15:57 GMT (UK) »
I checked out that one too with the grandparents and found same info that Sophies father was Thomas but can't find them on the 1861.

Thx Alberbury I'll check that link out.  I'm really noit sure at all as I can't find a definitive birth or baptism yet for her with father Edward.

Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 November 15 15:58 GMT (UK) »
https://familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&query=%2Bgivenname%3AHarriet~%20%2Bsurname%3ALloyd~%20%2Bbirth_place%3AEllesmere~%20%2Bbirth_year%3A1830-1860~%20%2Bfather_givenname%3AEdward~

1891 C   Ellesmere    Talbot Street

Edward Lloyd   Head   M   72   Shropshire, England
Mary A Lloyd   Wife   F   79   Cheshire, England
William H Lloyd   Son   M   38   Shropshire, England          Vet. Surgeon
Louisa E Lloyd   Daughter   F   35   Shropshire, England
Elizabeth Evans   Servant   F   18   Wales
William Woodall   Servant   M   18   Shropshire, England
Enoch Maryon   Servant   M   31   Shropshire, England
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Mont. Davies,Edwards,Hughes,Lewis,Maddox,Mapp,Pritchard
Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington
Wisbech Bell,Briggs,Willcock

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 November 15 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Thx Alberbury
This could be another option to check out

It just doesn't seem to make sense to me that she would leave a pretty well off family to go working as a servant in a different county, Harriet states on her married cert her father is Edward a farmer.  If anything he could have been a farm labourer.  Another red herring maybe??

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 November 15 16:17 GMT (UK) »
But Harriet's children were named William , Mary Alice and Elise born 1890.  This fact which I had overlooked before,  is that Harriet bore Elise (bapt Elsie)when she was 40 so I think I can rule ou any births for Harriet from 1845/6.  Elsie died qtr 2 1891 age 1.
Regards Catherine

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 November 15 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie and thanks again to all
I have just rechecked the info I have on the esther I have above born Welshpool and she is living on her own on the 1891 CNS.   Harriet is the only child of this Esther and Edward who appears not to have been bapt, but she is definitely with this family on the 1851/61, then theyve all left home and Esther is widowed by 1871.
Regards Catherine
Hi Catherine I must have the wrong Harriet this one in the 1891 census is with her mother.... Esther Lloyd gives her birth place as Mont Welshpool aged 75 years
Piece 2117/folio 37

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 12 November 15 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, yes it is odd you have in 1891 census Esther living on her own, as the one I can also find in 1891 has along with others a Harriett Lloyd aged 43. b Oswestry in Bailey Street Oswestry which is the same street Esther and her Grandaughter Ann aged 12 b Shrewsbury were living in 1881?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 12 November 15 21:43 GMT (UK) »
I think the Harriet with Davies grandparents mentioned by Milliepede, Keyboard86 & Rosie17 could be a contender.

Edward Lloyd married Sophia Davies 16 Dec 1842, his father Peregrin, hers Thomas, both living in Tetchill in Ellesmere parish at the time of marriage.
Their daughter Jane was baptised 22 April 1843 in Ellesmere, abode noted as Tetchill which is the place of birth given on the 1851 census entry.
Edward Lloyd aged 31 was buried 5 March 1845 in Ellesmere, abode Tetchill. This fits with the baptism in Ellesmere 26 Aug 1813 for Edward Lloyd son of Peregrinus & Ann.
Harriet Lloyd was baptised in Ellesmere 30 July 1846 daughter of Eliza, widow of Pentre-coed.
Hannah Lloyd was baptised in Ellesmere 17 April 1849 daughter of Eliza, single woman, of Ridge, place of birth given on 1851 census.
31 Dec 1850 in Baschurch Eliza Lloyd, widow, married George Fardo, widower, his father Joseph, hers Thomas Davies.

1851 Weston Lullingfield HO107/1994 folio 499 pg 21
George Fardoe head mar 44 labourer b. Ruyton
Eliza wife 34 b. Middle
Mary dau 16 b. Ruyton

1861 Middle Wood RG9/1855 folio 9 pg 12
George Fardoe head mar 57 ag lab b. Baschurch
Eliza wife 36 b. Middle
Hannah Lloyd servant 12 b. Ellesmere
Charlote Fardoe dau 10 b. Middle
Eliza dau 8 b. Middle
Richard son 6 b. Middle
Rebecca dau 3 b. Middle
Thomas son 3 months b. Middle
Hannah is enumerated before the children & not after as a servant would usually be.

George Fardoe buried 8 May 1863 aged 60 in Myddle
Eliza Fardoe buried 1 May 1870 aged 48 in Myddle

It loks to me that the Sophia Davies, daughter of Thomas & Rebecca, who married Edward Lloyd, uses the first name Eliza afterwards. I can find some of the baptisms for the children of Thomas & Rebecca Davies
Thomas bp 15 May 1814 in Wem
Mary bp 8 June 1817 Wem
Richard bp 19 July 1824 Ellesmere
Charlotte bp 1 April 1832 Ellesmere
but there are gaps for more.

Mary Davies possibly married Richard Hodnett and in 1871 has the orpahend Thomas & Elizabeth Fardoe living with the family enumerated as nephew & niece.
Thomas Davies bp 1814 married Ann Lloyd 12 May 1841 in Ellesmere, her father Peregrine Lloyd & the witnesses were Edward Lloyd & Eliza Davies.

1841 census Tetchill HO107/918/3 folio 11 pg 14
Paragon Lloyd 50 labourer
Ann 60
Edward 25
Mary 15
Thomas Davies 25 ag lab
Ann 20
all born in county

Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb