Author Topic: Kaess  (Read 19782 times)

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Paul Ernst Kaess
« Reply #72 on: Monday 15 February 21 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Hartmut Obst of the Staatsarchiv Ludwigsburg says of the Denazification file for Paul Ernst Kaess:
"the scans from EL 902/15 Bü 10835 should complete the archival reproduction or process; the difference between the number of scans and the number of pages results from the fact that scans were made of double pages. The documents of carpenters 'guilds and carpenters' guilds kept here in
Oberamt Ludwigsburg are too old to mention Paul Ernst Käß."

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Paul Ernst Kaess
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 22:04 GMT (UK) »
After Paul Ernst Kaess died in 2002, the sole Heiress of his estate was his Wife Hildegard Louise Golz Kaess. This is per Arnhild Kaess, his daughter.

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Gift to Paul Ernst Kaess
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 30 March 21 19:43 BST (UK) »
During Brian Paul Kaess' vacation to Europe in 1990, He was given fine 'China' dishes by Margaret Jane Swartz Langley (1914-1997) to present to the family in Germany as a gift. Brian did so, presenting them to Paul Ernst Kaess in Spring 1990. Margaret was an antique dealer and the dishes were selected for their high quality. A motif of one of the dishes was the Revolutionary War and this dish was colored red, white, & blue, with fine gold-plated lining. The dishes were a gift from one grandparent to another grandparent.

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Paul Ernst Kaess Denazification File statement
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday 31 March 21 19:37 BST (UK) »
Below is a translation of a 1946 denazification file document for Paul Ernst Kaess. I got this translation from Family Search Community. Below is the translation:

"Heutingsheim, January 11th, 1946.

To the

Denazification Committee - Heutingsheim.

Subject: Political activity!

In 1934 I came to H.J. [Hitlerjugend] and was member until 1939, after which I joined the R.A.D. [Reichsarbeitsdienst].

In 1940 my admission certificate for N.S.D.A.P was sent to this organisation [R.A.D].

During my time as a soldier I was informed by the Benningen location group that I am listed as a party candidate.

Paul Käß"

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Brian Paul Kaess appointment to Selective Service Board
« Reply #76 on: Saturday 01 May 21 00:37 BST (UK) »
In 2006 or so, Brian Paul Kaess was appointed to serve on a local U.S. Selective Service Board in the Chicago area. He was requested to undertake one-day training per annum, at UIC. Brian received a certificate for his appointment. Due to health reasons, Brian left the board. He really liked the idea of serving on a selective service board- he thought it would  be fun and interesting, and patriotic!

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Paul Ernst Kaess 1st marriage record in Ratibor
« Reply #77 on: Thursday 17 June 21 22:51 BST (UK) »
Familysearch has updated their catalog with many Catholic parish records for Ratibor, Upper Silesia. I found a roll at the Granite Mountain Record Vault: film # 2085510 Item 1, DGS # 8022129. This is for Marriages for Katholisches Kirche St. Johannes Baptist Ostrog in Ratibor for the time period 1910-1945. Ostrog is the old name for St. Johannes Parish Church in Ratibor. Paul Ernst Kaess' record should be there (1944 marriage record to Doris Dorschke) , but one may have to wait till it is accesible at the Big House instead of the Vault.

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Paul Ernst Kaess 1st marriage record in Ratibor (Cont.)
« Reply #78 on: Friday 24 September 21 00:43 BST (UK) »
Search by author in familysearch catalog for 'Katholische Kirche Sankt Johannes Baptist Ostrog (Kr. Ratibor)'. This will lead to above item.

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Paul Ernst Kaess 1st marriage record in Ratibor (Cont.)
« Reply #79 on: Saturday 02 October 21 20:46 BST (UK) »
On Sept. 28, 2021, Erika Haas of the FHL Lookup Service discovered the 1944 Catholic Church marriage record for Paul Ernst Kaess and Dorothea Dorschke. The Client was Brian Paul Kaess.

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Upcoming Gerd Kaess Article in German Genealogy Journal Fall/Winter 2023
« Reply #80 on: Monday 02 October 23 00:10 BST (UK) »
One of the Assistant Editors at Germanic Genealogy Journal stated that the following article by Brian Paul Kaess was forthcoming in their Fall/Winter 2023 Journal, 'Was Gerd Kaess a Lutheran or Catholic?'