Author Topic: TalkTalk Email Notification Problems not receiving RootsChat Emails now resolved  (Read 10473 times)

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: TalkTalk Email Notification Problems - not receiving RootsChat Emails
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 26 November 15 21:13 GMT (UK) »

Thank you Rosie and Elisabeth;  hope all goes well for your grandson's passing out parade.....I guess you're very proud of him.  ;)

I will be researching another provider in the new year but will be looking carefully at contracts as I am planning to move house and don't want even more problems!
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 26 November 15 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Happy Birthday from me too .... I have no understanding of Talk Talk (perhaps it is around in NSW Australia, but I have simply not needed it or not been offered it etc)  but I can well understand how disturbing it is when speaking with call centre operators and they seem to have no hands on experience or training to consider that the issues being raised are genuine concerns.   

It is not just being annoyed by the actual delays on the day, and it is not just the realisation that the next generation simply don't understand that you are being significantly inconvenienced by their business model's failings....   It is simply that the flaws are adversely affecting your own day to day activities and you are expecting them to a) want to know of their failure to deliver and b) want to give them the opportunity to fix their failures.   

But, Happy Birthday from New South Wales, Australia.   May you have many more.  It will be 366 days before your next one.   :)  :)

Cheers, JM       
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 27 November 15 00:42 GMT (UK) »
Oh ! and I thought it was me.
I sent an email yesterday to a good friend --same email address as usual but it could not be delivered. What came up was another   address made up of the same but in a very different order , that got  delivered but tonight my friend said her email address had not been altered.
I too am not getting notification about RootsChat messages etc.

I always suspect it is me as I am a nerd with computers really butbthis time it seems it is talktalk.

Viktoria.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 27 November 15 10:03 GMT (UK) »

Please contact TalkTalk and let them know; the more people complaining the better!  :D
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 27 November 15 10:16 GMT (UK) »

Facebook member? Tell them here . . . . .

https://www.facebook.com/TalkTalk/

[ Sarah, Why not publicly tell them that they are blocking your "Rootschat" mail? They appear to have over 250k people to publish your problems to. ] 

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 27 November 15 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Just to add, I email a rellie in Scotland who is with talktalk, my emails keep getting returned to me, as it says its not excepting my email addy, as we are in touch all the time I have to keep changing the subject line for it to get through as after about 3 emails..it bounces back to me.
Not sure if this is of any help in any way.

Cheers
Yonks
Australia
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 27 November 15 11:26 GMT (UK) »

If any member is having problems it is very worthwhile you getting intouch with Talktalk, the more that complain the better. As RootsChat does not have a talktalk email/service we are not their customer. We have discussed what we think the problem is and what they need to do to resolve the problem we just don't know why it is taking so long.

Yonks I am not sure what your problem but it could be any of the following..

Your rellie may have a lot of old emails sitting in their inbox, talktalk may have a limited of data per user if this happens you may get a message back saying inbox full.

Try and make you heading very descriptive and try not to use "spammy" words like "free" "cheap" maybe the title looks like spam and this is why they are returning them to you.

You should also ask your rellie to make sure that they add you as a "safe sender", if they haven't everytime there is a security update the service provider may question emails from senders not on the "approved list" sometimes you may see emails labelled with (spam?) these you need to check.

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Old Bristolian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stephen Bumstead 1844-1903
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 27 November 15 11:57 GMT (UK) »
 Talktalk email sems to be in meltdown at the moment. I started getting upwards of 30 spams a day a few months ago (which filters would not stop) and decided to change to another supplier. I've kept an eye on the account so I don't miss anyone who doesn't know of my change. The spams are now up to 60-70 a day and putting them in junk or trash doesn't help - they turn up again in a few minutes. I'd advise anyone affected in the same way to complain to Talktalk and then leave

Steve

Bumstead - London, Suffolk
Plant, Woolnough, Wase, Suffolk
Flexney, Godfrey, Burson, Hobby -  Oxfordshire
Street, Mitchell - Gloucestershire
Horwood, Heale Drew - Bristol
Gibbs, Gait, Noyes, Peters, Padfield, Board, York, Rogers, Horler, Heale, Emery, Clavey, Mogg, - Somerset
Fook, Snell - Devon
M(a)cDonald, Yuell, Gollan, McKenzie - Rosshire
McLennan, Mackintosh - Inverness
Williams, Jones - Angelsey & Caernarvon
Campbell, McMartin, McLellan, McKercher, Perthshire

Offline tofgem

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 27 November 15 13:32 GMT (UK) »
I too will have to notify Talk Talk about not receiving email notifications, as I have not received notification emails today, but from past experience of their customer service I'm doubtful as to what they will do about it. Reading this post makes me wonder about emails I have not received and some arriving late over the past few months. I would change, but I need to wait until the end of my contract to avoid a cancellation fee.
Tofgem