Author Topic: Face comparison Software, Photo's maybe Dolly and Isabella ?  (Read 2405 times)

Offline amilne109

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Face comparison Software, Photo's maybe Dolly and Isabella ?
« on: Tuesday 24 November 15 16:28 GMT (UK) »
Like many people I have a lot of old photos of people I do not recognise. Those photos I do recognise are much older in years, so is there any software (reasonably priced) that I can use to see if any of the younger are in fact those older people.

Hope this makes sense
see the examples

Thanks

Arthur Milne
Milne Miln Mill in Forfar, Newcastle and Chesterfield
Poppleton in Yorkshire & Newcastle upon Tyne
Armstrong in Dumfries ,Liverpool,India.
Howe How in Carlisle, Cumberland,
Garthwaite in County Durham, Bishop Auckland, Carlisle, Annan Dumfries.
Donoghue in Gateshead, Co. Durham
Gaffney in Roscommon, Renfrew, Newcastle and Gateshead.

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Face compareson Software, Photo's maybe Dolly and Isabella ?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 December 15 05:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Arthur,

There are a number of shareware programs available for facial comparison.  I have never tried them and have no idea how good they are.

You can find them at the link below.

http://www.winsite.com/face/face+comparison+software/

Would be interesting to see how you get on.

I am sure there are people on here who will give you their view on whether the two pictures are one and the same person.  My thoughts - Same nose but mouth looks different.

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 December 15 06:07 GMT (UK) »
My first thought was that the two photos were not of the same person, however the chin and nose and face shape are similar, so I think perhaps they are the same person or closely related.  :) It is more difficult as the top photo is not so sharp and she is smiling.

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 December 15 06:13 GMT (UK) »
Now I have looked again, like Ruskie, I can also see the similarity in the chin as well.
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865