Author Topic: Twomey Dwyer Family Tree  (Read 16259 times)

Offline bevcal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Twomey Dwyer Family Tree
« Reply #63 on: Friday 22 January 16 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.  I want to give her my email address so we can compare research.  Don't really awan to add it here.. :)

Offline bevcal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 27 January 16 12:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am Hannah Dwyer's  great grand daughter....
My grandfather was William Bede Dwyer born in Morven Qld.
I share your frustration....cannot find the birth certificate nor the marriage certificate.
Am also trying to track her parents - Joseph and ? Thompson....
Hannah did not speak of her family and from what I was told there was a split in her family when she married into the Dwyer family. I am guessing it might be the Jewish family /religion that caused the split.  I am yet to prove my "theory" but I think Hannah immigrated to Australia from the UK...I have found a couple of immigration records but yet to link it together. I remember Uncle Joe along with Uncle Arthur and the others..... and my Mother has memories of both Joe & Edith.  I have the records of the children/dates of birth/where they were born. They moved around a lot searching for work ....
They finally settled in Ipswich because of work with the railways.
My grandfather joined the Australian Navy and was on the first Australian Naval Ship to enter Japan...he was also in the merchant navy and went to China before it was open to the world.
 I have 2 prints he brought back from Shanghai that I treasure.
Please let me know what you records you need (other than the 2 we are both looking for)
Jules

Hi Jules,
As you have not yet responded to my personal message I will assume that you haven't received it.  I am very interested in making contact with you to trade information.  I would love to hear more about Joe and Ethel.   It appears you need to make three posts before I can Personal message you.
I have also send a message through My Heritage Family Tree Builder.  ( I hope I have the right Jules) I have given you an email address there as well which you can make contact if you want.
Hope to hear from you soon;
Cheers Bev

Offline SthEastQldDwyers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Saturday 12 August 17 14:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Jules,
I'm Thomas and Hannahs GGGranddaughter, Teresa(nee Dwyer) and I'm quite excited to stumble upon this post. I have been searching for years to find someone who is related to my Dwyer family. I have a mountain of information regarding Thomas and Hannah. My connection to them is through their son Arnold Ernest Icely Dwyer.....
Gosh I'm completely over the moon to find you and would love to hear from you.
I can tell you this, Hannah was born in Largs, Glasgow, Scotland and was Jewish. I have quite a few gaps I would love to fill in and maybe just a thousand questions to ask if you would be so kind as to help me answer them and I would love to help you fill in any gaps you might have.

Teresa :)

Offline SthEastQldDwyers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 13 August 17 03:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Bev,
I'm Thomas and Hannahs GGGranddaughter, Teresa(nee Dwyer) and I'm quite excited to stumble upon this post. I have been searching for years to find someone who is related to my Dwyer family. I have a mountain of information regarding Thomas and Hannah. My connection to them is through their son Arnold Ernest Icely Dwyer.....
I can tell you this, Hannah was born in Largs, Glasgow, Scotland and was Jewish. I have quite a few gaps I would love to fill in and maybe just a thousand questions to ask if you would be so kind as to help me answer them and I would love to help you fill in any gaps you might have.

Teresa :)

Offline bevcal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Teresa,
I would love to make contact with you.  I have some information about this family which I might add is not really mine.  I was doing this research for my brother-in-law.
 If you could somehow personal message your email address that would be good..  I am not sure how to do that.
Cheers   
 Bev

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 11:09 BST (UK) »
Bev, you just click on the little icon that looks like a SIM card, below the person's stars, to send a PM.

Teresa needs to make anther post before she can send PMs.

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Julesmonty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 16 December 18 13:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bev . I have been offline for awhile due to ill health. I have been asking my mum questions abt Hannah and Thomas. She remembers them plus the stories my grandmother told her.
Jules.

Offline Julesmonty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Sunday 16 December 18 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Teresa...I have been offline due to ill health and had not seen your post until now. I am so excited to find your post and also Bev's.
So happy to hear the link with Hannah and Glasgow/Jewish. Nice to know I wasn't imagining it. I have photos of Tom with my grandmother daisy (William Bede's wife) and one of Hannah with Daisy. I have had my family history  "on hold" but 2019 is the year to get back into it. I look fwd to sharing notes. Take care and merry Xmas.
Jules (julene)

Offline TeresaDwyer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Friday 17 May 19 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Jules and Bev,

I apologise for my lack of response. Life just gets in the way and before you know it, 2 years go by. I would still love contact you both and swap information. Jules I would LOVE to see the family photos you have. I didn't see your last message, I'm sorry.
Hopefully you both see this message  :)