Author Topic: Twomey Dwyer Family Tree  (Read 16258 times)

Offline bevcal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Twomey Dwyer Family Tree
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 01 December 15 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sue.

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 01 December 15 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi bevcal,

The feint hand written notation against Edward's name in the 1929 Electoral Roll in Cairns has significance.

"Diamantina (Sect 19)" I think refers to Edward being away from Cairns because he was a patient at the Diamantina Hospital in Brisbane and Section 19 part ii of the Queensland Electoral Act states in brief that 'inmates of a charitable institution shall be deemed to be on the Electoral Roll in the Electoral District before they were admitted'.

It appears that the Diamantina Hospital which I believe was a Public Charitable Institution was at that time a hospital for consumptive patients.

Gerry 

Offline bevcal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 01 December 15 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gerry
That would explain Edward's  death in Brisbane. They had been living in Cairns prior to his death and things would have been tough with no money coming in.  That would fit in with the rent scenario.  Poor Edith her first husband died in 1918 leaving her to rear a young family and now this.
Bev

Offline bevcal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 14 January 16 06:11 GMT (UK) »
Continuing on with search for ancestors   
Still searching for Hannah Dwyer nee Levy or Levi ancestors.
I have received her son Arthur Reginald Dwyer's Birth Certificate stating he was born at Hoggs Creek, Dundee District of Glen Innes NSW  on  19 Feb 1891.
          1: She was 34 and Thomas Patrick was 40 at the time of his birth.
          2: Thomas and Hannah married on 22 June 1876 in Seymour Victoria. 
          3: Hannah was born in Sale Victoria
          4: Thomas at Redfern Sydney NSW.

My dilemma is I cannot find their marriage details nor Hannah's birth details.   I am trying to locate her parent's names so I can proceed in my search to find how they came to Australia.
Can anyone suggest a way forward??

I have discovered that the Levy is connected to the Jewish religion. Many Levy's buried at Jewish Rookwood Cemetery in Sydney.
I have also found this birth record in Vic BMD which may have some bearing:
LEVI Hannah- Event Birth: Father's name: George - Mother's maiden name  Ann (Toogood) - Reg. year 1857 - Reg. no: 15717
Hannah's  death record in Qld BMD: 1945 -  C618  - Hannah Dwyer  - Joseph Levy - Thompson
 Thompson or Toogood) ?? If the grandparents  died in early years the grand children may never have known them so may not remember names etc.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.. Thank you :)

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 14 January 16 08:54 GMT (UK) »
I have also found this birth record in Vic BMD which may have some bearing:
LEVI Hannah- Event Birth: Father's name: George - Mother's maiden name  Ann (Toogood) - Reg. year 1857 - Reg. no: 15717
Hannah's  death record in Qld BMD: 1945 -  C618  - Hannah Dwyer  - Joseph Levy - Thompson
 Thompson or Toogood) ?? If the grandparents  died in early years the grand children may never have known them so may not remember names etc.

George LEVI (b. PRUSSIA) 43yrs d. 1859 #4255
Parents: Raphael & Sarah

Remarriage:
Anne LEVI m. Richard Phillip THOMAS 1861 #328

Death:
Ann THOMAS 63yrs d. 1895 WARRNAMBOOL #11437
Parents: Edward TOOGOOD & Hannah BROWN

There are 9 births registered for Ann's two marriages. Many of them are easy to trace.

Offline bevcal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 14 January 16 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Quote:
"George LEVI (b. PRUSSIA) 43yrs d. 1859 #4255
Parents: Raphael & Sarah

Remarriage:
Anne LEVI m. Richard Phillip THOMAS 1861 #328

Death:
Ann THOMAS 63yrs d. 1895 WARRNAMBOOL #11437
Parents: Edward TOOGOOD & Hannah BROWN"

There are 9 births registered for Ann's two marriages. Many of them are easy to trace."

Thank you.  There is a Hannah in this family but my Hannah has given her birth town as Sale this one is W'BOOL. 
I am now convinced this is not my family... 
This Hannah married Emanuel BONNETT 
BONNETT    Hannah   Death   Father's name  LEVY George   Mother's maiden name Ann (Toogood)   Reg. year1941   Reg. no18173
Thank you and will keep searching.. :)

Offline dwyerfamilytree

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 21 January 16 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am Hannah Dwyer's  great grand daughter....
My grandfather was William Bede Dwyer born in Morven Qld.
I share your frustration....cannot find the birth certificate nor the marriage certificate.
Am also trying to track her parents - Joseph and ? Thompson....
Hannah did not speak of her family and from what I was told there was a split in her family when she married into the Dwyer family. I am guessing it might be the Jewish family /religion that caused the split.  I am yet to prove my "theory" but I think Hannah immigrated to Australia from the UK...I have found a couple of immigration records but yet to link it together. I remember Uncle Joe along with Uncle Arthur and the others..... and my Mother has memories of both Joe & Edith.  I have the records of the children/dates of birth/where they were born. They moved around a lot searching for work ....
They finally settled in Ipswich because of work with the railways.
My grandfather joined the Australian Navy and was on the first Australian Naval Ship to enter Japan...he was also in the merchant navy and went to China before it was open to the world.
 I have 2 prints he brought back from Shanghai that I treasure.
Please let me know what you records you need (other than the 2 we are both looking for)
Jules

Offline bevcal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Friday 22 January 16 10:02 GMT (UK) »
HI Jules,
Sent you a PM... Let me know if you don't get it.

Cheers Bev

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Friday 22 January 16 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Jules may or may not be able to see your PM; she definitely won't be able to send one back, until she has at least 3 posts.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.