Author Topic: John Main/ Christian Main 1819, Slamannan  (Read 576 times)

Offline jimmain

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Main/ Christian Main 1819, Slamannan
« on: Thursday 03 December 15 17:36 GMT (UK) »
John Main married Christian Main 1819, Slamannan.
Their daughter Christina married Edward McKenzie 1846.
In the 1841 census, Christina was found with David Main (my ancestor), at Easter Glen farm Falkirk. Christina was later found with Edward at Marchfield House Falkirk, and later at Parkhead.
I have tried to find the parents of Christina with no success.
I am not sure if there is a connection between David Main & Christina.
I would appreciate hearing from anyone who might have more information about this couple.
Main, Mitchell; Stirlingshire
Drummond; Perth
Florence; Aberdeen

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: John Main/ Christian Main 1819, Slamannan
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 December 15 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim ,

Were the parents names from Christina's death certificate ?
If so , did it give an occupation for her father ?

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 December 15 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried to follow through the David Main you mentioned, who showed at at Easter Glen farm Falkirk in 1841? Guess you have found no more details from the marriage of John Main and Christian Main who you have marrying in 1819 in Slamannan?

Monica

Added: A little more here for background www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=721343.0 What was the occupation for David's father, John? Always the possibility that Christina Main came from a second marriage for John Main? Last child I can see so far on FS, for John Main and Isobel Young is in 1816.
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 December 15 19:34 GMT (UK) »
In the 1841 census, Christina was found with David Main (my ancestor), at Easter Glen farm Falkirk.

Jim, how do you know that the Christina Main at Easter Glen is the daughter of John Main and Christian Main? Are you assuming she has to be because of a lack of other candidates, or do you have some evidence to confirm her identity?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.