Author Topic: Elizabeth TOMS baptism Combe St Nicholas c. 1791  (Read 3275 times)

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth TOMS baptism Combe St Nicholas c. 1791
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 January 16 07:01 GMT (UK) »
CSN Marriage
27 Mar   William DIMENT ofa Widr Farmer  Farm at end of Combe St son of Thomas DIMENT,  Farmer
1845      Hannah POOLE ofa Spinster Dressmaker Combe dau of John POOLE Clothier [& Abigail nee DEANE]
No 62    Their signatures:  Wm DIMENT;  Han POOLE
                   Witnesses signatures:  John WILCE;  Mary MUNCKTON

Found CSN 1841 [with a John MEETCH in the DIMENT household] and in 1851 my 2 x Gt-grandfather's brother William DEANE 15 was a servant employed on the farm.

CSN Baptism
19 Jul 1789  William son of Thomas & Betty DIMENT
M (1)  Elisabeth ROBINS 09 Jun 1814 bur 28 Sep  1820 aged 32 'Wife of William Diment'
M (2)  Hannah POOLE

Relevant CSN Burials
28 Dec 1800   Hannah Daughter of Thomas & Betty DIMENT
13 Jan 1836   Thomas DIMENT    75
30 Jan 1845   Elizabeth DIMENT  85  [possible bap 01 Jul 1759 Betty BUGLER dau of Thomas/Betty at Chard]
13 Jul 1869    William DIMENT   80   [bap 19 Jul 1789]
07 Jul 1870    Hannah DIMENT   70

CSN Baptism
12 Apr 1815  John Wilton, son of William & Elizabeth DIMENT, Husbandman of Combe Street.
(Private)
No 80

You can pick up his trail 1841 in Crewkerne with his father-in-law Matthew HILL, whose daughter Hannah aged 23 he married at CSN 29 Mar 1838  ;)

To keep your record accurate, Thomas DIMENT and Betty BUCKLER provided signatures at marriage.  The clerk or cleric had made an error in the initial register entry which was rectified by an interlinear 'ck' above the centre of Betty's surname to match her signature. 

Happy hunting!
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ndmhine

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 January 16 22:43 GMT (UK) »
A very pleasing treasure trove of Diments. Many thanks.

Offline tmelb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 June 16 14:13 BST (UK) »
hi
I have come in a bit late on this question
elizabeth hannah toms was my great grand aunt b 25 oct 1823 old st finsbury, london, christened 25 dec st luke finsbury
died west ham march 1879
most of the toms on my stream live in west ham/leytonstone.
recently one of the home there was ready for demolition and documents and letters from the early 1800s were found, including letters from a branch of the family in canada
i have visited curry rivel and the church there but not a lot to see