Author Topic: gormley family  (Read 9158 times)

Offline Emmtee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: gormley family
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 21:44 BST (UK) »
I am Percy Gormleys daughter. Would love to make contact.

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 03 August 17 09:18 BST (UK) »
I am Percy Gormleys daughter. Would love to make contact.

Emmtee - hello and welcome to Rootschat  :)

Mandy Pearce should received notification of these posts it looks as if her email is still active
from her profile was last active May17

If you want to use the personal message system on Rootschat to exchange any personal info.
you need to make three postings before being allowed to use this facility.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Emmtee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 03 August 17 12:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you.

Offline sandy.l

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 26 June 19 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Mandy,
I wondered if you had got any further with your Gormley research? I am connected to the O'shea family of Worcester. I had ordered the marriage certificate of George O'shea and Emma Gormley because I originally believed that George may have been my grandfather. The marriage certificate stated his father was James O'shea, which doesn't fit with my information for my grandfather, so I have put it to one side for the moment (although not entirely dismissed it!).
My grandfather was officially registered as George Alfred Davies, born 1903 in Worcester. He was also known by the name O'shea (his mother's maiden name) and Phillips (his mother's supposed married name, no evidence of marriage found). The family were fruit and flower hawkers in Worcester. George abandoned my father at the age of three after his mother Emily/Helen died. They were up in Lancaster at the time and were travelling hawkers.
The other thing I noticed was the address 33 Newport Street. My O'shea family also lived there. My grandfather's sister was born there (he ws born at 4 Court, Newport Street). This has to be more than a coincidence!
I have done the ancestry dna test, also 23andme. If you have done the dna test it would be interesting to see if we match. That may help answer some questions! If you are on ancestry, my user name is Sandra_Lightfoot

Hope to hear from you,
Sandra