Author Topic: Searching for Raynor/Smart/Jackson in South Africa  (Read 1814 times)

Offline SueNeedham

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Raynor/Smart/Jackson in South Africa
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 August 21 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Joanne

Iíve tried to send you a private message but have put it on here in case you didnít get it.

I donít know how much youíre interested in family history but we share great, great, great grandparents who were William and Elizabeth Raynor nee Taylor.

My maiden name was Raynor and Iíve been researching for many years.  I was particularly interested when we found some relatives had travelled to South Africa which was Ernest and Eileen Smart (your grandparents) Patricia Jackson and William Raynor (their brother and sister).

We know Ernest and Eileen had two sons, so Iím guessing one of these is your father.

If you have any information at all about whether any of these people returned to the UK (we think William did) or what happened to them, did they marry, have children, etc. I would love to know.  We know that Patricia married someone with the surname Vogler but donít know if they had any children.  Did you know your grandmother at all or did she die before you were born?

Sorry so many questions but I would be grateful for anything you can tell me.  I can send you my email if this is allowed on the site.

Sue

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 23 August 21 23:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue & Joanne

Joanne needs to increase her post count to 2 to be able to access the personal message system

https://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Joanne should have received an email notification that you, Sue, have replied on the topic so fingers crossed she sees that and comes back soon.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Sajoedesigns

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 09:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,

I have been trying to private message you as well, but it do not have access.

My dad in Clive William Smart the eldest son of Eileen and Ernest. I was fortunate to meet my Gran before she passed, but I was still quite young. My dad's father and brother Paul have unfortunately passed away. We are the last of the Smart's as far as I know.

My dad is very keen to speak with you. Perhaps there is another way we can get into contact with each other?

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 09:41 BST (UK) »
You should be able to send a personal message now. If you try again. :) Welcome to RootsChat.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.