Author Topic: Is anyone else having problem with ancestry new format?  (Read 853 times)

Offline Bridgebabe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Is anyone else having problem with ancestry new format?
« on: Friday 18 December 15 19:04 GMT (UK) »
I have ancestry uk membership (subs abt £100pa)  ,but recently unable to look at other shared public tree photos etc  ) Since the format of ancestry has changed in fact.  Have installed googlechrome , as advised when I phoned the helpline but still this does not enable me to look at other images etc.    Not very computer literate, but wish to update computer programmes that would be required to look at, and share all ancestry documents.  My last phone call to the help line were less than helpful!  - and would be grateful for any help as to how to proceed                     Many thanks

Offline Roger The Hat

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having problem with ancestry new format?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 December 15 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I don't like the new format, but I'm not having any viewer problems with it either.........
Someone might be able to help if you post any error messages you might be getting, and which operating system you're using.
Good luck!

Offline Bridgebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 December 15 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi I use Windows 8, quite old I know.  Windows 10 came up as a free download offer on my screen, but, wouldn't you know, when I tried to download this was told that I needed to buy a new computer.  Obviously I don't really want to do this, and at the moment it is only this one aspect of one programme (ancestry) which I am unable to access, e.g. when I click to look on shared photos/stories in public trees that show on my 'links' a dark screen is the only thing that shows Thanks for your response.

Offline Bridgebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 December 15 17:20 GMT (UK) »
When just looking at the ancestry format I find that items I have 'cut and posted' onto descriptions within ancestry are not able to be viewed.  I still can retrieve these , fortunately, but this is not what I assumed I was paying for within my ancestry subscription.  Think we should all be aware of this perhaps, or am I being naive in my understanding of the new format and its implications? Or is it that my 'computer technology' is unable to cope with this?