Author Topic: Unclaimed/unidentified Wylie family photographs (Killycowan/Ballymena)  (Read 7170 times)

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
Re: Unclaimed/unidentified Wylie family photographs (Killycowan/Ballymena)
« Reply #9 on: Monday 24 August 20 06:54 BST (UK) »
What lovely photos I especially like the school photo
A lot of the children look grumpy or just squinting at sun
If you could identify the school it would be wonderful ..how about reposting it on the photo forum for people to have a go at dating it
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline James18

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Unclaimed/unidentified Wylie family photographs (Killycowan/Ballymena)
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 September 20 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hi James,
My grandfather was born in Ballymena (Balleywatermoy) Antrim County in 1900. His name was William James Wylie. He was the 5th of 9 children of John Wylie and Elizabeth Russell.  The photo with all the people in it looks like my great grandmother (Elizabeth). My great Grandfather John is a sibling of 10 children to Andrew and Jane.
You also mention Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland. My great grandmother had lived there when she was 20 and went back again in her end years.
I believe this may be part of my family.  My mother is quite the researcher of our family and would know for sure.  I've been to Ireland and explored my history and still have family there. I look forward to hearing from you and am quite excited to see if these are part of my history. :)
Thanks, Lisa
Hi Lisa, I sent you a PM with my e-mail address in. I hope you are able to pick this message up at some point.
Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire