Author Topic: Mary Kinsella, married in the parish/ district of Kilanerin, Co. Wexford  (Read 1187 times)

Offline jimoh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Kinsella, married in the parish/ district of Kilanerin, Co. Wexford
« on: Tuesday 22 December 15 21:48 GMT (UK) »
I'm searching for details on Mary Kinsella, also spelt Kinsellagh. She was married in 1845 to Patrick Hagan in the parish/district of Kilanerin, Co. Wexford. From information on a tombstone, erected by Edward Hagan, in Ballyfad RC Church cemetery, she died on the 1st December 1881, aged 55 years. This would indicate that she was born around 1826. I'm looking for a lead to her date of birth or baptism, to the town land around Kilanerin in which she most likely grew up or any other relevant information.
jimoh.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Kinsella, married in the parish/ district of Kilanerin, Co. Wexford
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 December 15 22:05 GMT (UK) »
n ancient times, the areas which now comprise the parish of Kilanerin, were mainly in the old parishes of Kilcavan (Limbrick) and Kilninor, where the resident clergy had responsibility and also for ministering to those who lived in Gorey.

The parochial registers for Kilanerin go back to 1786, but the parish as an independent one dates from 1845 when Kilanerin, as well as Gorey, were established as separate parishes.

----------------------------------

Registers

http://www.irishtimes.com/ancestor/fuses/rcparishmaps/index.cfm?fuseaction=showidrecords&parish=Killanerin&churchid=0597
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Andrew Graham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 December 19 17:34 GMT (UK) »
I'm searching for details on Mary Kinsella, also spelt Kinsellagh. She was married in 1845 to Patrick Hagan in the parish/district of Kilanerin, Co. Wexford. From information on a tombstone, erected by Edward Hagan, in Ballyfad RC Church cemetery, she died on the 1st December 1881, aged 55 years. This would indicate that she was born around 1826. I'm looking for a lead to her date of birth or baptism, to the town land around Kilanerin in which she most likely grew up or any other relevant information.
jimoh.

Offline Andrew Graham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 December 19 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi, The parish records of kilanerin in the parish house(these are computerised) date back to the 1780s these incorporate those of kilnanor and Kilnahue. Andrew