Author Topic: Trim-Malone  (Read 5828 times)

Offline peter cluer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Trim-Malone
« on: Friday 15 July 05 21:44 BST (UK) »
 My gg grandfather Lawrence Malone according to his Royal Artillery service records was born in Dangan,Meath about 1809-1810.I have viewed the  FHL film 926184 for Summerhill parish but these did not start until 1812.I found Malones for the small parishes of Clondoogan,Freffans,Ginnetts and the odd one from Dangan but i cant relate these to my gg grandfather.I have also viewed Pigots 1824 Directory for Trim and it shows a Lawrence Malone whose occupation was a leather seller could this be his father or relative.How far is Dangan from Trim. My gg grandfather was married on the island of St.Helena in 1840.I have a copy of the church record for his marriage but no Fathers name on it.I have written to St.Catherines House in London to see if they posess a marriage certificate from the Army chaplains returns but I dont hold out much hope.I seem to have hit a bit of a brickwall with this.Can anyone help please.Thanks Peter       

Offline DavinaFlattery

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trim-Malone
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 February 22 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi I see you have researched Malones in Summerhill. I wonder if you have any info on Elizabeth Malone who married Thomas Colgan and had children between 1816 & 1839. One of these children Christopher was my great great grandfather.
I also am interested in a Thomas Malone born about 1810 birthplace unknown who married Margaret Butler and lived in Booterstown Dublin as his daughter Ellen Margaret born 1843 seem to be related to me also. Your help would be much appreciated
Davina