Author Topic: looking for online text of .....  (Read 717 times)

Offline mshergold

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
looking for online text of .....
« on: Wednesday 23 December 15 06:29 GMT (UK) »
hi there,

I am seeking Grassthorpe, Normanton on Trent in the Phillimore Marriages volume....cannot seem to locate it on American Universities website.........   need to have complete version of book as need some entries from other churches mentioned.....  in PDF

Similiarly I am looking for Phillimores Marriages for Newark on Trent 1765 to 1836 as I have the castle and first portion........  preferably in PDF,     [ also looking for a transcript of St Margarets baptisms and deaths other than fs.o version]

also looking for any " Militia Lists " in pdf for any period...strange how I can find 4 for Northants but none for Notts.....

Also looking for PDF or Excel Parish Register Transcriptions of births, deaths and christenings of Normanton on Trent, Marnham and any surrounding villages.....

I am still chasing a transcribed copy of 1831 census for Newark on Trent irrespective of what details are contained within.........

Also interested in any directories or alamacs that have been digitally made ; other than ones that appear on historical directories website ......prefer any prior to 1840.

Next problem is that although Queen Elizabeth closed the Grassthorpe church in her reign ; does any one know of any information regarding the parish register from 1500 to 1600.   Most authors discuss the church being privatised into residence but not the fate of the register.   Also has anyone worldwide visited the old Grassthorpe church to photograph any remnants of gravestones or hatchments or gargiles etc......  which would make for an interesting website , not that I have inclination to make such......

Also I am looking for any transcriptions from Normanton on Trent or Marnham or North Clifton cemeteries or graveyards in a hope to identify some of the deaths in my cousins family lines.

I know its a big ask but none of the material  sought appears on ancestry or findmy past or subscription sites that I can see............  if you have material but dont wish others to know please do not hesitate to privately contact me via personal messaging.....

gratis muchos

Shergold

and merry christmas one and all.

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
Re: looking for online text of .....
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 06:45 GMT (UK) »
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 06:46 GMT (UK) »
I only have 1,3,4, 6,8,11 and 19

19 deals with '' that strip of land lying north of Newark and east of the River Trent.'' But none of the above named are named.

Goes on to say the ''whole of the Newark Wapentake Parishes are inscribed into 3,4 and 15''

I also have Notts Dates - deals with ''remarkable and memorable events''
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline mshergold

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 07:00 GMT (UK) »
jaybelnz    ..... thanks for link   b u t      sorry mate but I am a little past fs.o; genuki ; and anc and FindMyPast on the research period I doing........       this is foundation genealogy from 1300 to 1650 in some places and later for some villages mentioned......

david  .....   have u a link on Notts Dates please......    yes I have been having similiar problem....

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 07:22 GMT (UK) »
I have a PDF copy of a Phillimore Marriages - registers for the areas you are looking at. I got it from The Internet Archive some years ago, just had another look on there, but home page has been changed, and couldn't pick up the search page I usually use.

However, I am happy to email you what I have, just in case it has some of what you are looking for.

Nothing ventured - nothing gained!

Worth a try?   PM me your email address and I will send it to you!
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 28 December 15 14:45 GMT (UK) »
NFHS have the marriage records for Normanton on Trent from 1604. If you would like to name the family you are interested in I can check for you.
Newark marriages date from 1599.
I have borrowed the 1831 census book from Newark Library, but am not sure it is available online.
Grassthorpe never had a Church -it had a Chapel St James and a meadow called Priestlands, which was turned into a barn and cottage when Old Henry the eighth fell out with the Church. Later his daughter entitled it to Alexander Rigby, Percival Gunston and John Sankey.

"Also I am looking for any transcriptions from Normanton on Trent or Marnham or North Clifton cemeteries or graveyards in a hope to identify some of the deaths in my cousins family lines."

I can check these for you, as I am only a few miles away, but names would be helpful. I will also go and have a troll through Grassthorpe, but thinking about it, nothing Church or Chapel like comes to mind.
Likewise- if you want to send the info to my private box please do.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley