Author Topic: Frederick Phillips d.1838  (Read 703 times)

Offline RobinPhillips

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Frederick Phillips d.1838
« on: Monday 28 December 15 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Seeking any help and advice on how to locate the death/burial records for a Frederick Phillips who died in 1838 (believed to be 12th March).
I am not familiar with records for this area so any tips welcomed on how to locate Frederick.
Thank you in anticipation.  Robin Phillips

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Phillips d.1838
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 December 15 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi

The website you need for his death cert is Scotlands People which is a pay per view site via purchase of credits.  Select Old Parish Registers for deaths pre-1855 and copies of the cert can be downloaded

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline RobinPhillips

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Phillips d.1838
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 December 15 17:48 GMT (UK) »
Carole
Than you for taking the time to reply.  Unfortunately, I have tried Scotland's People before (and just tried it again) with no success.  I am hoping that there is a more local source of deaths in Bute.
Thanks again
Robin