Author Topic: Baptism in Hull  (Read 978 times)

Offline clb222

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baptism in Hull
« on: Tuesday 29 December 15 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Looking for a baptism for Frances Waide, circa 1720-25 in Hull. She was married there in 1745 and her husband was from York, so I'm just guessing she was from Hull - I have no details on the marriage beyond the date but ancestry has a Sarah Waide baptised at Holy Trinity, Hull in 1723, father Benjamin, who I'm hoping is perhaps a sister? Most grateful for any help.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism in Hull
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 December 15 11:35 GMT (UK) »
Trinity Church, Hull 21(?) November 1719, Frances D: of Mr Benjamin Waid Junior
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 December 15 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Frances married Robert Siddall of London by licence 25 March 1745.  Her age was given as 23 and his 25.

Images of the baptism and marriage entry are on FindMyPast, and a copy of the licence can be purchased from the Borthwick Institute for £7.50
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline clb222

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 December 15 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, that's very kind of you! Great to have the Hull suspicions confirmed.  :)
OT but does findmypast have a lot of East Yorks records? I'm subscribed to ancestry atm but finding them a little thin on the ground for this particular branch, who are all likely to have wills, etc. that it would be nice to find. (I am not local or rich enough to be ordering much.)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 December 15 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if this is entirely up to date, but this is a link to the Yorkshire parish registers they hold:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01gr1/

They also hold the indexes to Yorkshire wills & marriage bonds, but not the actual copies which would need to be purchased from the Borthwick Institute.   

Offline clb222

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 December 15 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks! Looks very useful, I shall have to try it out.