Author Topic: Smiths and Butlers  (Read 556 times)

Offline janeo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Smiths and Butlers
« on: Sunday 03 January 16 16:18 GMT (UK) »
after 4 years of searching ,i have moved a step back ,in my Smith family tree ,and i'm now looking for info on the Butler family .Been down many dead ends but i'm finally on the right track [hopefully!] .  ...
.Thomas Butler   
Louisa Butler   
Samuel Smith   
John Smith      
this is 1867 marriage of my dads grandparents ,Louisa Butler and Samuel Smith ,Sms dad was John Smith and Louisas dad Thomas Butler .
Sam and louisa had --John Smith married to AnnJane Deadman daughter of Darrius Deadman and Helen Hodgkinson
John  and AnnJane had --my grandad Ben married to Jinny Elliott
they had my dad Jack 1907 .any info on the Butlers would be much apprieciated ,i have the 1901 census of Louisa and Sam with several of their children stopping in a yard behind St Marks Church in Leicester .I can remember going visiting family in the 1960s theystill used the yard and my dad was born there ...
thanks for any info ...
Smith, Wilson ,Elliot ,Ratchford Burnside ,

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Smiths and Butlers
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 January 16 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Can you include birthyears and birthplaces for the people mentioned above.  Exactly what info are you looking for as you already appear to have census info
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline janeo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Smiths and Butlers
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 January 16 19:11 GMT (UK) »
 Thanks for the reply ,I'm looking for info or where to find it for Romany  Butlers, i don't know the name amonst Romanies or travellers .
Where i wonder was their area ?,my mams family are from Yorkshire and the North and my dads from the Midlands .
thanks ...
Smith, Wilson ,Elliot ,Ratchford Burnside ,