Author Topic: Could anyone please clean this photo up for me?  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Dopeydoris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Could anyone please clean this photo up for me?
« on: Tuesday 05 January 16 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi magic image repairing people.

Could I possibly ask if someone could clean this old photo up for me so it's more pleasing to the eye...also if it could be colourized that would be great too, but that's not a priority just the cracks and scratches out would be great.

Thanks so much!!  :)

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Could anyone please clean this photo up for me?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Dopeydoris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Steve, that's a great improvement...however, I don't know if you or anyone can create miracles, but the lady in the middle is my mum, and she was only 26 at the time, and taking the cracks out from where they were on her chin has kinda made her look about 70... so I dunno if that could be fixed at all to maybe look more her age..maybe make her lips more naturally round as they were in the original photo...thanks for all your help!  :)

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi. it's almost impossible to see what the lady in the middles mouth is like, because of the white blobs on it, so I think Steve managed very well with what was available, however I've taken note of what you say and tried to match your requirements.
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Dopeydoris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 January 16 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trishanne, yes as I said before Steve did a wonderful job, and I appreciate both of your help given that you have no idea how my mums' mouth would have looked, so I thank you both very much for taking the time...that's wonderful, bless you !!  ;D

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 11:02 GMT (UK) »
I try form me.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Dopeydoris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 10 January 16 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Carol that's fabulous thank you very much !! ;D..sorry for the late reply..

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 10 January 16 22:49 GMT (UK) »
You are welcome....if you could scan any future photos at 300 dpi you will get a much better result as it gives us more detail to work with and it is easier on the eyes.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU