Author Topic: Bateman / Northern Ireland/ Melisina Bateman 1850  (Read 11019 times)

Offline Londonderry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bateman / Northern Ireland/ Melisina Bateman 1850
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 29 May 19 10:13 BST (UK) »
The Marriage. Has to tie in to being related to those in this family thread by the names

Offline Londonderry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Monday 11 November 19 00:09 GMT (UK) »
TEACHERS COLLEGE IRELAND

How do i go about finding information (can i get any information?) on who was at the Teachers Training College 1860-1866? I have been told to research as that could explain HOW Melicina Bennet Bateman met William Turner (if they were there at the same time) and her then move to Northern Ireland to teach.

I have been told that you couldn't teach UNLESS you went to the above. I am not certain if this is true for their era but i am trying to put it all together.

Thank you in advance for help   ;D ;D

Offline Londonderry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 01 September 20 10:19 BST (UK) »
M'Keown is not related, she is named after teacher (in my family) who taught at the school her (M'Keown) father was a headmaster at. I managed to get in contact with the family.

Given the age difference of William Turner and Melicina Bateman, it is more plausible that they met teaching in northern Ireland as on their marriage certificate, they were living near each- other.