Author Topic: William Kilpatrick,born in Coleraine about 1932  (Read 2117 times)

Offline charlie282000

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Kilpatrick,born in Coleraine about 1932
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 November 18 03:53 GMT (UK) »
I hope it is not too late to join this topic on the Kilpatrick family? ;D My Kilpatrick family were protestant and were from either Derry or Armagh. James Kilpatrick was my GG grandfather, a linen draper who migrated from Dublin to Victoria, NSW, however his grave states he was born in Armagh and a note in my dad's scrap book says he was from Derry. He called his shop Ulster House. He named one of his children William Frederick Kilpatrick and that name carried on with another sister naming her son William Frederick Kilpatrick Wise. So the two names seem familial. Another son was called James John Thomas Kilpatrick. Yet another one was Alfred Hayes Kilpatrick. No ideas but pretty significant names. His father was listed on his marriage record as James Kilpatrick, farmer. Cheers Virginia

Offline dougieb1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Kilpatrick,born in Coleraine about 1932
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 December 18 17:11 GMT (UK) »
My Great Great Grandfather was born about 1832 in Coleraine about 1832. H emigrated to Scotland and married my Great Great Grandmother in Kilmarnock,Scotland in 1852. His Irish parents were William Kilpatrick and Jane Smith. Whether William had any siblings I do not know as I have found the Irish Records not the greatest for doing any research William Kilpatrick was protestant.

Doug