Author Topic: Area cork and Ross Parish/ church / congregation Kilmurry movidy kilbonane  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Area cork and Ross Parish/ church / congregation Kilmurry movidy kilbonane
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 January 16 15:20 GMT (UK) »
It is Cork and Ross, not Cork at Ross.
There are no marriage certificates.
It is not possible from the register on IrishGenealogy to know where the marriage took place.
You are of course free to email Kilmurry to see if they still have registers going back that far and if they hold more information and if they are willing to give it to you.

NR means the information was simply not recorded. Not that they didn't have occupations etc.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 January 16 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Callaghan graves in Kilmurry
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01gu9/

Offline lavender123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 January 16 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Sinnan.  Thanks for that . Denis Callaghan died in st George in the east March 1879. So far I have found out he was born 1824 in lissardagh, married 1845 so far with a bit of help from a lady on here in the macroom area  as in 1852 he is the only Denis in the area, so now I am looking for  church in macroon . Denis had his son Thomas 1864 in London. So he left cork between his marriage 1845 onwards. From the help I have received I think he was still in lissardagh in 1852. Thanks for your input. Sorry about the spelling mistakes.     

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 14 January 16 21:41 GMT (UK) »

Some of my ancestors came from Lissarda and were married or baptised at Kilmurry church and also at Canovee church.   The Macroom church records are not online and if you have found the marriage of your ancestors clearly stating  Kilbonane/Kilmurry/Cannovee it would mean the marriage took place at one of these three churches.

The baptism might be a different matter.  There was a church in Kilbonane in  1824.

Mary
Celtic Liberty 

Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,

Offline lavender123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 15 January 16 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Mary, for the information. I sent a email to the parish priest the reverend Donovan , of Kilmurry parish, as the gro gave me a couple of contacts.and I took it from there. As to now I have no replies.you mentioned kilbonane church . But if you look at Kilmurry.ie all the churches are on the website in that area. I am a bit lost really as to which parish would have baptism register , I don't expect certificates . From 1824 from when my ancestor was born at lissardagh. Still at leastt I know a bit more. I was advised to get in touch with macroom church records, have you any info on lissardagh , where would my ancestors have travelled from to get to the uk . My ancestor was born 1824 Married 29th November 1845. His son Thomas was born 1863/4. In the uk . So Denis Callaghan left cork between those times.. Any information would be appreciated.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 15 January 16 14:28 GMT (UK) »
There are no travel records between Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales etc. Because they were all part of the United Kingdom at the time, so it was the same as traveling from Cork to Dublin or London to Liverpool, except you had to cross some sea.
He more than likely traveled from Cobh/Queenstown.