Author Topic: Crew Photos 429 squadron  (Read 740 times)

Offline colleen WW2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Crew Photos 429 squadron
« on: Monday 11 January 16 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for crew photos (including my Uncle Robin McCart who was a mu/ag) in 429 squadron.  P/O K. P. Mills RAF and crew below, flying (Halifax Mark 2 - serial number JD332, coded "AL-U", failed to return from an op to Kassel Oct. 23, 1943

Sgt. G. Cotterill, RAF
    F/Sgt. E. Gwynne, RAF          "
    F/Sgt. J. Johnston, RAF
    F/Sgt. N. Mallin, RAF
    Sgt. R. McCart, RCAF
    W/O2 Floyd Raymond Christenson, RCAF 

Their squadron was based at Leeming.  Any photos would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Colleen

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jimmy479

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Crew Photos 429 squadron
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 April 19 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hi, my father, James Faulkner johnston, was bomb aimed on jd332. He and two others survived the crash. I just found out this information tonite. Two planes were lost that night, 13 men died, 3 survived. My dad was from Northern Ireland, where I live, not sure how come he came to be with RCAF.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline colleen WW2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Crew Photos 429 squadron
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 April 19 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi!

I was in contact with your cousin Anne.   I also was in contact with the other crew's families.   2 were from Wales, 2 Canadians, and 2 from England as well as your dad. 

Regards Colleen