Author Topic: Murray Family -William and Margaret nee McCann  (Read 7064 times)

Offline murray123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Murray Family -William and Margaret nee McCann
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 18 February 18 02:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cas81
Is the Murray name still continued
email me (*)
to chat further

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline KnocklehaughGirl

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 17 November 19 07:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cas81
I am a great grand son of William Murray and Margaret McConn.

murray123, from the marriage record I can see that Margaret McConn's father was James McConn. Do you know who James' parents were?

I also descend from Roscommon McConns. James McConn b.1843 at Athleague was my great-grandfather. His parents were Owen McConn b.1799 and Brigid Henigan.

Offline Rachel Phelan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi I a mcconn Roscommon too as located via dna please may we discuss our relatives

Offline AraghtyTom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 04 December 20 06:15 GMT (UK) »
MARRIAGE:  GRO Marriage Index (Roscommon RD Union) records the marriage of William Murray, bachelor, farmer, of Bushypark, son of Pat Murray (deceased), farmer, to Margaret McConn, spinster, of Cappagh, daughter of James McConn (deceased), farmer, on 8 Feb 1886 at RC chapel of Athleague.  Witnesses Pat Collins and Anne McConn, and Fr. James Casey.   (1886 index, 1st qr., ref 3.281)

DEATH:  William Murray death on 13 Feb 1921 at Derrinlerrig, aged 77, married, farmer, caused by general debility, no medical attendant; death registered by Lena Murray, Derrinlerrig, daughter, present at death, on 28 Feb 1921 at Athleague District, Roscommon RD Union, Co. Roscommon.  (https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1939/04744/4270254.pdf)

BIRTH:  Athleague parish register records birth/baptism of Margret McConn on 27 Jul 1858, child of James and Margret McConn.  Sponsors John Griffin and Mary Hannon(?).

James McConn was married to Margaret (Peggy) Kelly, probably around 1840.

DEATH:  Mrs Murray (76), Dininlerig (sic), Four Roads, died last week.  (A nice obituary was not recorded by me).  (Roscommon Champion 27 May 1939)
Margaret Murray death on 10 May 1939 at Derrinlerig, aged 78, farmer's widow, caused by general debility, no medical attendant; death registered by Pat Murray, Derrinlerig, son, present at death, on 13 May 1939 at Athleague District, Roscommon RD Union.  (https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1939/04744/4270254.pdf)

The Murray family still live at Derrinlerrig, Four Roads, Co. Roscommon.

To Rachel Phelan - are you descended from Basil, Mervin or Pat Phelan? Their mother was Kathleen McConn who was born in Ballina, Co. Mayo.  Her father James was from Co. Roscommon.
If so, your relationship to CAS81 is probably fourth or fifth cousin at best!

Tom

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 04 December 20 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

MARRIAGE:  GRO Marriage Index (Roscommon RD Union) records the marriage of William Murray, bachelor, farmer, of Bushypark, son of Pat Murray (deceased), farmer, to Margaret McConn, spinster, of Cappagh, daughter of James McConn (deceased), farmer, on 8 Feb 1886 at RC chapel of Athleague.  Witnesses Pat Collins and Anne McConn, and Fr. James Casey.   (1886 index, 1st qr., ref 3.281)

Linking the marriage record-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1886/10828/5949679.pdf

Link no longer working in reply #3

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline mcconn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 30 May 21 08:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom I have just seen this while i was searching in Google so sorry i did not respond before now....AraghtyTom I am Charlie Macconn daughter my father was a doctor in Galway. so Owen Mcconn and Bridget Hannigan were my GG  grandparents. That right i am the youngest  in my generation.

Offline mcconn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 30 May 21 08:03 BST (UK) »

I am via DNA a descend from Roscommon McConns. Owen and Bridget i do we have you DNA? there a lot of people making this false claim

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 30 May 21 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hello mcconn,

Do you have another profile already on RootsChat ?

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AraghtyTom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 30 May 21 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi mcconn, possibly living in Threadneedle Rd?
Yes, I have taken a DNA test with Family Tree DNA (FTDNA).  Any matches I have got to date have not been helpful.
I don't think that DNA test would help me to prove connection to McConns, as it was my grandfather's mother who was a McConn, so not a Y-DNA (male) direct line nor a mtDNA (female) direct line.
My great grandfather was James McConn from Cappagh, near Creggs, whose father was John and grandfather most likely Peter McConn.
Tom