Author Topic: Murray Family -William and Margaret nee McCann  (Read 7070 times)

Offline mcconn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Murray Family -William and Margaret nee McCann
« Reply #27 on: Monday 31 May 21 22:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Yes you are Right threedneedle road Galway that is my father house I have three brothers and i am the ONLY girl. There are serveral people in galway claiming to be related to my family They are NOT there is a candle shop i have no clue who they are its all famtanisey to build a Brand!.  its gaslighting..... we have Mcconn dna back to 1800 my G grandfather Owen came from Cappagh but lived in athleague. James Cappagh was my GG grandfather. john i understand was his father....I am missing Owen son Owen would you know about him.....

Offline AraghtyTom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 02 June 21 13:10 BST (UK) »
As far as I can tell, your father was the son of James McConn & Teresa McGrane.
James (1843-1922) was the son of Owen McConn (b. abt 1800, d. 1874) & Biddy Hennigan (abt 1804-1883). 
I thought that Owen was the son of John McConn from Cappagh, but no records exist to prove who his parents were.
Owen's siblings were John (abt 1805), Michael (1806), Mary (1808), Catherine (1810), James (1812), Ellen (1814) & Patrick (1817).
Mary, Catherine, Ellen and Patrick's baptisms are recorded in Athleague Parish Registers as children of John and Catherine, Mary, Ellen & Catherine (take your pick!).
I corresponded with a daughter of Kerry's (Laura) some years ago that was researching your branch.
Owen and Biddy's son Owen: Athleague parish register records birth/baptism of Owen McConn on 22 Dec 1845, child of Owen McConn and Biddy Henegan.  Sponsors John and Mary Henegan.
I found no further definitive info on him.

Offline mcconn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 02 June 21 13:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your email

Via DNA we can prove who Owen Mcconn sibling was Marie then Donnelly is this mary? John McConn from Cappagh is therefore confirmed via dna as their parents. there is also Catherine Mcconn four Roads 1810 we have her DNA as well. Owen and Biddy's son Owen:  i have no idea about him i wouder did he become Mccann......

You so know your stuff is it only roscommon you reserach?

Offline AraghtyTom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 03 June 21 03:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Sheila,
Marie/Mary or Maria in Latin - William Donnelly married Mary McConn on 17 Jan 1856 in Athleague, witnesses Owne McConn & Luke Donnelly.  (Athleague Parish Register, NLI)
DEATH:  DONNELLY - October 29, 1913, at her residence, Rahara, Co. Roscommon, Mrs. Maria Donnelly.  Funeral from Rahara Chapel to family burial place, Rahara, on today (Friday) at 2.30 p.m. R.I.P.  (Irish Independent, 31 Oct 1913)

Regarding the Catherine McConn you mention in Four Roads - is this her?:
BIRTH:  Athleague parish register records the birth/baptism of Catherine McConn, (daughter of John and Catherine) on 5 Nov 1810.  So she was a sister of Owen (b. abt 1900)
MARRIAGE:  Athleague parish register records the marriage of Simon Coyle to Catherine McConn on 21 Feb 1830.  Witnesses John McConn and Michael McConn.
     Note that another Catherine McConn wed Lawrence Berne on 4 Feb that same year, also in Athleague.  No idea who she was.
Mostly I research Roscommon and East Galway for my roots and Mayo/Leitrim for my wife's.
Tom

Offline mcconn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 03 June 21 07:20 BST (UK) »
I am NOT Sheila i dont know who this is but i have a idea she is NOT charles daughter i am! I am Dr Charles only daughter this has been confirm via dna.  I mentioned Mary and Catherine to confirm we have DNA dating from  this time around 1800 we can not go back any further via dna that is the 'end of the line'. on the mcconn list yes you are right about Mary Catherine is a Coyle four road. not to be mistaken for kate charles daughter some years later.Catherine McConn wed Lawrence Berne not one of us. YOU ARE SPOT ON. I am now lookingat east galway athenry to be correct would you know anything of this area please?

Offline AraghtyTom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 04 June 21 11:47 BST (UK) »
I am confused, and apologise for mistaking your name, but that was the name given to me by Charles McConn's grand-daughter.
Not then married to the late Michael Mangan?
Sorry, I know nothing of records for the Athenry area.

Offline mcconn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 04 June 21 12:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom your okay i can sort out east galway myself but Tom please may you advise me Charles McConn's grand-daughter ??? you mean Laura Kerry (not his name) my brother daughter or was there some one eles?

i have had a look and i have no idea who this mary/sheila / mcconn /mangan is i have no birth or wedding cert and as for this Margaret Mangan again who is this she says she was a Model and was at finishing school  ;D ;D ;D is this a joke!....i have no idea who they are....... i know they talk a lot of bull sh*t about my family. I have spoken to them they are english Narcs from Slough and are very dangerious be carful.   Ask for their DNA.........

Offline AraghtyTom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 05 June 21 00:10 BST (UK) »
Yes, you may be right about my informant about "Sheila"; we corresponded about 15 years ago.  She named 3 brothers and one sister as children of Dr Charles MacCon.
I don't wish to name people that are still living in a public forum such as this thread. 
I have not heard of any Margaret Mangan that you mentioned.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.