Author Topic: Roots and branches book by Tom evans  (Read 5289 times)

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Roots and branches book by Tom evans
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 10 April 16 22:43 BST (UK) »
I do apologise for the time I've taken but that book really isn't easy to read and my copy is so old that all the pages are falling out.  I haven't found many references to Jones - the book deals mainly with the Evans family who seemed to generally marry into the Price family.  I have however managed to find a few references to the Joneses who may or may not be 'your' Joneses. 

11.10.1718 - marriage of Thomas Jones, widower, and Margaret daughter of Roger Williams dissenter of Ysclydach.

12.1.1739.  Burial of Thomas Jones, Cerrigybwbach, aged 82.

29.6.1739.  Marriage of Margaret widow of Thomas Jones of Cerrigybwbach and Thomas Jones, younger son of Roger ones of Llandeilo'r Fan.

6.3.1744.  Burial of Thomas Jones of Cerrigybwbach.

8.1.1745.  Marriage of Mr Morgan Williams widower married Mrs Margaret Jones, widow having buried two husbands both namesakes)

1747  Burial of Evan, son of John Jones, labourer, of Cerrig-y-Bwbach

29.2.1763  Burial of Rees Jones Crydd, Traenglas.

Regards
GS
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline llangatwg

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 11 April 16 00:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks for taking the time to research but unfortunately these are not my jones family cheers

Offline jonesy825

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 27 July 17 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Perhaps I can be of some help. I have a copy of the book and I am a descendant from the families listed in it. I have just started researching the family but have got back as far as the early 1700's. I also have access to other books with other information written by family members.

Offline llangatwg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 28 July 17 14:12 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your message.  A lady did a little research from the book and don't think my family are mentioned.  Thomas Jones shoemaker loggin terrace trecastle. Thanks

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 28 July 17 14:15 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat, jonesy825 - what a nice start to make by volunteering to help another member  :).

You may well find others take you up....and hope at some stage  you can get help yourself with any queries.

Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON