Author Topic: State Records NSW University New England Armidale  (Read 392 times)

Offline melmaree

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
State Records NSW University New England Armidale
« on: Sunday 17 January 16 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have found some land records held with the State Records NSW but held at University New England and regional archives, Armidale.
I was wondering if anyone had found records through them? Just not sure how to go about trying to get copies of these records. I'm in Brisbane so am not able to actually go to the archives.

Thanks
Mel

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: State Records NSW University New England Armidale
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 January 16 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mel,

State Records are fantastic, and the regional archives are mentioned here in this live link from State Records
http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/state-archives/guides-and-finding-aids/archives-in-brief/archives-in-brief-14

I have not used the Armidale one, but I have used one of the other regional archives and the staff there were ever so helpful. 

I find that the email replies from Kingswood to any of my enquiries are full of helpful assistance and advice whenever I ask any question.   http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/contact-us/contact-us

Land records are ever so interesting particularly for family history, especially when the family surname is one of those very popular ones....  :)

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline melmaree

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 January 16 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply JM . I'll send them an email hopefully they'll be able to access the records. 😀

Offline melmaree

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 January 16 06:10 GMT (UK) »
Just thought I'd reply with how I went emailing the Uni of New England Armidale. 

What fantastic service, don't think I've ever gotten a reply so quick and they also provided me with copies of the Conditional purchases register straight away via email.

I sent the email at 11.01 this morning and had copies and reply at 11.08. Wow , very impressed.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 January 16 06:24 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for the update.   I have phoned my cousin (retired Archivist) who was part of the team that set up Kingswood when it was hived off from NSW State Library back decades ago.   He is mighty impressed that the standards are being upheld.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.