Author Topic: Charlotte Fisher, born ~1772  (Read 573 times)

Offline Andrew Tarr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wanted: Charles Percy Liversidge
    • View Profile
Charlotte Fisher, born ~1772
« on: Wednesday 20 January 16 09:49 GMT (UK) »
The earliest definite event I can find for this person is her marriage to George Young (b.1782 Bakewell) in Manchester cathedral in April 1805.  There followed three sons, the middle one my gt-gt-grandfather.  Charlotte died in April 1828 aged 56, and George remarried soon after.

The closest match I can find is a 1772 birth in Monk Fryston, W.Yorks, which seems a long way off, but not impossible.  There are one or two others from the home counties, even less likely.  Has anyone any other info?
Tarr, Tydeman, Liversidge, Bartlett, Young

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Kingston Goater 1853-1920
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte Fisher, born ~1772
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Have you had a look at the Lancs OPC site?

There's a baptism 01/10/1775 at Newchurch for a "Sharlate" Fisher, daughter of Thomas - bit closer than Yorkshire  :) What were the names of the sons? any clues there ?
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline Andrew Tarr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wanted: Charles Percy Liversidge
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte Fisher, born ~1772
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Have you had a look at the Lancs OPC site?

There's a baptism 01/10/1775 at Newchurch for a "Sharlate" Fisher, daughter of Thomas - bit closer than Yorkshire  :) What were the names of the sons? any clues there ?
(a) no.  (b)  sons were George (1806, =father, George Young), John (1809) and Thomas (1811-1820), so I suppose that is a possible link.  It's a pity (a) Charlotte didn't make it to any census, and (b) she married before any useful family details were recorded in the Manchester register.  Unless she had a late baptism she looks a bit young, though they may have lost track of time I suppose.

Thanks, Miriam
Tarr, Tydeman, Liversidge, Bartlett, Young